JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Bump fire AR15 stock, Like or dislike?

• Total voters
An overwhelming percentage like it (as of 10:27am)

I like it,but probably wouldn't spend the money on it.
Heck I can't afford to shoot much now and that won't help!

There pricing like ATF is going to shut them down soon. If this were not the case they would be $69.95 and I'd buy 2!!! But at $349.95 I won't consider it.

They probably spent $100,000 in development and another $50,000 to pay for tooling and get production running. Another $5,000 to $10,000 in packaging and marketing. They give a 40% markup so they make $210 of each one.

160,000/210 means they have to sell 762 just to break even(which they most likely have by now). Hopefully there have been enough first adopter they can think about dropping the price. But if their marketing ploy is "Better get one before ATF changes there mind" That's not gonna happen.

I like it for a "fun gun" if you can afford the ammo but I worry the ATF will outlaw it like they did with the akins acellerator stock for the 10/22 (those were $1000 by the way, if i remember correctly). It would suck to drop that kind of coin on something only to have it taken away because although it didn't violate the law technically, it violated the "spirit of the law" (aka "we don't want you to have any fun")

Since a couple of these things have been ruled by the ATF as turning your gun into a NFA item, I'd stay away from it. Just my opinion, but honestly, if I just HAVE to have a machine gun, I'll save my pennies and have a trust in Idaho. -Or wait til we can get them in Washington, which I don't think will be too long.

Since we can't afford a supressor for my Sig 556 (which sounds like a .50 BMG it's so loud) I think full-auto is gonna be a good long while, even though my wife lusts after one almost as much as I do.

FA has it's place, but not in ARs. Even in my service days I was never a fan of burst...but the support weapons had their place. FA with belt-fed machine guns for suppression fire is king of combat, hands down.

But an AR with an overly expensive stock? I'll pass. Especially since the ATF crippled the Atkins accelerator by reversing their ruling in the middle of the peak of their sales. Do you want the ATF knocking on your door asking what you did with a now illegal part?

IMHO I think ATF has enough to worry about from their "South of the border" fiasco. That's assuming they even survive as a Dept (heard they might get sucked up and made part of FBI). Either way nothing will happen quickly. Talked with an NWFA member who was selling these at the show last weekend and he said as an accessory he was not obligated to keep records on who bought what. So the ATF/FBI Won't know who'd door to knock on.

I also heard the Atkins folks only had to turn in the spring of their units.

The ATF will have a harder time banning these because there are no mechanical parts that reset the trigger / firing mech.
The Akins and others had springs that forced the trigger to reset. In this item, you actually are providing the "spring" power with your left arm. And you really are pulling the trigger once per shot. . .

I suppose it's safer than the idiot bump firing at the range with his thumb hooked through his belt loop, but I still don't get why people want these things. But it's not my money, so if people want to burn it with things like this and the ammo it would waste, power to them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top