JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in Bandon, a long drive from the north of the state, so I wonder whether there are any Air, 22 or centerfire precision shooting leagues in the PNW region - possibly with postal system?

I know that there are Cowboy Action events in Florence (not my style) and Steel Challenge at Medford (interested, but not yet had the opportunity to visit). Anything else out there?

If you don't find a local club that fits the need, you can do a lot on your own with postal systems.
netcompmonthlymedals2017a_medium.jpg

Likely in your own back yard if air-gun is used.
rangenightpic002.JPG

Here's a few I know of:
Net Competitor - A competitive and social environment for athletes of the shooting sports
Postal & Regional CMP Matches - Civilian Marksmanship Program
NRA Explore | Marksmanship Qualification Program

Others worthy of mention:
Match Schedules
https://tcgc.org/activities/conventional-pistol
https://www.ossa.org/smallbore--air-rifle.html

Good luck! Let us know what you end up doing.

Thank you for the very great info. I will look into these further. Very interesting. I shot competition in UK in my youth from about 1972 till 1980, became a member of the then British Pistol Club and shot at Bisley. I was not a great marksman at the time and struggled to afford things as a student and for a short time after college. I then went overseas to work and did not shoot again for 37 years. Now I've re-discovered it all and find that I'm still pretty good with a pistol, and OK with a shotgun. When I walked into the local club in my newly adopted Oregon town it was like I'd died and gone to heaven!

Really appreciate the fast and informative response.

Portland Rifle & Pistol shoots indoor bullseye matches and participates in both indoor and outdoor matches regionally. They also shoot postal matches. I believe there are bullseye matches in southern Oregon at (IIRC) a range called Emerald Valley(?) but I have not been to that range, yet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top