JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I first saw that in 2010. Thought it was BS. The fellow showing it to me was 'Gee Whiz!!!', and I started talking about wind, temperature, humidity, fluid dynamics, trajectory. He closed it with "you're a buzz kill."
Now, if you were to couple it with thermal imaging, 10GHz radar, meteorological measurements and an extensive bullet testing database, THEN i'm pretty sure it would be balls-on accurate.

I first saw that in 2010. Thought it was BS. The fellow showing it to me was 'Gee Whiz!!!', and I started talking about wind, temperature, humidity, fluid dynamics, trajectory. He closed it with "you're a buzz kill."
Now, if you were to couple it with thermal imaging, 10GHz radar, meteorological measurements and an extensive bullet testing database, THEN i'm pretty sure it would be balls-on accurate.
Yea, them is just a FEW of the pre-requisites to make a 1,000 yard bull.

Just like the Airborne laser, the laser beam is read and variables like
"mirage effect" Wind, temp, angle of elevation are accounted for.

Once you add a "robot" finger - by which I mean a way to set off the bullet without a trigger - I am thinking it will be first shot on target at the range of the bullet (on that day, given that temperature, pressure, humidity, wind, etc.etc etc)

What it can't account for is what the target is doing - if moving at a steady speed, or a steady acceleration (de-acceleration) those are trivial - but random motion, moving over uneven ground those are more difficult.

Since 2013 there have been upgrades and price reductions:
http://tracking-point.com/

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
0.5 mile Lock Range, 15 mph Target Velocity
$14,995

If you don't want 7.62 NATO, they have other calibers available from the factory - 300 blackout suppressed anyone.

Here are some examples you can build - and maybe should - to keep critters out of your garden for example: (And they are not near the computing horsepower the scope above has. )

From 2008 -

Add in a radar to track the bullets in flight and the second shot will be even more accurate.

Put the gun on a tripod in the back of mini-van and you have ... the plot to a movie :)

I have no need to shoot 1000 yds except to be patted on the back by some dudes.
I would rather have $17k worth of ammo.

It is extremely impressive for those people who do it without that gizmo.
But with training someone can do that and save $17k.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top