JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The range itself is well ventilated, the target trollys work as designed and lighting for targets is about average, by which I mean not very good.

Both indoor ranges I've visited in the area are like being in some bat-cave.

On the positive side:
There is a huge supply of targets available and some ammo choices. Several pistols available for rent; the behind the counter staff is sometimes a little chatty but with a friendly attitude and helpful.

Giving the Bulls-eye range mostly an average rating because the facility itself is aging and dingy. If this were a retail store in any other type of business people would flee from it.

I agree. I have been in there a few times. Thier prices seem to be quite a bit higher than other local gun retailers, but they do have a good selection of pistols. Sportco up the road beats thier prices on hunting caliber rifles most of the time, and have lots of other things to offer. When in a pinch, Bulls Eye is there, and again, the indoor range is a nice feature, but is limited to pistol calibers only, and not that expensive to shoot.

I give it an average rating as well.

It should be noted too, that the store is owned by a different business than the range. The two split up a couple years ago. The Store, down below the Range, is better maintained than is the range, (fortunately) and sometimes they have some very nice sporting rifles.

Pitiful Ammo stocks:
Bulls-eye store's supply and choices of ammunition is best described as dismal. The ammo supply looks like a gun store on some abandoned road where the freeway bypassed the place and they can't afford to restock. I don't understand this. It's been this way for a long time, too, not just this month.

There's a larger-than-usual selection of "tactical" knives, 511-gear clothing, some holsters and lots of pepper sprays.

Poor marks for follow-up on sales:
On a recent visit I inquired about ordering an Armalite AR-10 and the salesman took my name and phone, saying that their secretary would call me "Monday or Tuesday". Nobody ever called me to follow up.
I had cash and was ready to go- so I took my money elsewhere that week. Scored a cool Colt 6920 LE Carbine, too. :s0071:

So, There In A Pinch does sum it up pretty well.

Not very impressive store. I went to the range and was charged extra because I brought my own ammo with me. Still probably saved more than buying there overpriced plinking ammo.

Gun store has a nice selection but good luck getting a sales person to talk to you. I went in to buy a new springfield and stood at the counter for 15 minutes while the employees just talked to each other. I took my business elsewhere and won't be back.

The prices in the store are pretty good I think. The range is a mixed bag though. They have a really good selection of arms, including a shotgun you can rent, but a few of the ones I tried (1911's) had bad problems with FTF. They needed a thorough cleaning and servicing. You also have to pay an additional fee if you want to use your own ammo (for your own guns)

Also, one time I went there, there was a guy who smelled pretty bad of alcohol, but they still let him onto the range.

A few years ago tried to shoot there with a girl to teach her shooting basics. Wasted my time and gas because I was turned away due to being under 21 and told me I needed a "parental note" so I took my business elsewhere. Not a single other range I've been to in any state has given me grief about my age before... but this was a few years ago so could be a moot point with new staff etc.

also, the upstairs/backside part has a seedy/creepy feel to it. bad vibes from staff. low rating in my book.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top