JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No affiliation whatsoever, just pretty cool...

Jay Leno driving

Boss

Last Edited:
They started at $3,500 (what they paid for it)...ended at $3.4M...hmm, a little steep considering the rust and bald tires:)

Boss

Last Edited:
While not a Mustang fan or even a Ford fan for that matter that is one of the all time iconic movie cars and bad to the bone even for a Mustang!

When I was between my junior and senior year in high school (1975), I had made enough working and selling my yearly crop of steers to buy a 1968 Mustang Fastback GT, like the one pictured. Now this improved my status with the gals a bit and was at no loss for female companionship that summer, nor did I lose too many drag races held at Dilley International Raceway ( Hwy 47). This was truly the best car I ever owned. 390, 4 speed, amazing styling, horrible gas mileage, very well driving car. Why in my stupid youthful mind I ever got rid of it I will never know.

I have owned 3 other Mustangs, but nothing close to that one. 3.4 million is a bit steep for my life but hey, if somebody can say they own, great for them.

1750440-fastback.jpg

The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.;)

As the story goes, my grandfather had ~'71 'Cuda, 383 I think, he offered to trade my father when gas prices were getting concerning in the 70's. Dad, being a practical family man with 1 or 2 kiddos, said no, thank you.

Ahhh, no crystal balls back then either.

And $3.4M...that ain't bad. A Rolex owned by Paul Newman sold for $17.8M about a year ago:eek:. And you can't drive that. But for people who have just millions to spend on indulgences, I suppose its a nice addition.

Boss

As the story goes, my grandfather had ~'71 'Cuda, 383 I think, he offered to trade my father when gas prices were getting concerning in the 70's. Dad, being a practical family man with 1 or 2 kiddos, said no, thank you.

A friend of our family came back from Vietnam in 1972 and bought a brand new Charger with 383 4 speed with the Hurst slanted shifter. Bright green with a black vinyl top. I was 15 years old and had been hanging around cars since I was old enough to stand, my Dad and uncle ran an early gas rail in Southern California. We were at a picnic and our friend went to get more beer and took me and the neighbor kid with him.

Pulled onto the Sunset Highway on ramp, he drills it and off we go. I can't reach the dash and we are doing 130 and climbing. I knew at that very moment in my life, that I loved fast cars and would have something close to that someday. So started a life long love for muscle cars that had me owing probably 15 of them various models and brands over 18 years.

I've got a friend from HS. His parents bought a '71 Mach1 Fastback with the 351 Cleveland in it. They drove it for several years and then were going to sell it. My buddy convinced them to save it for him until he got his license (a few years down the road). So they garaged it, and when he turned 16, they turned him loose with that thing. One of those cars that when it was wet out, you just spun the tires as much as you wanted...literally

He still has it...its been in the middle of a stalled restoration for a bit.

Everything these days handles much better, is much safer, and many are faster. But there's just no substitute for a big ol' V8 thumping along.

Boss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT :eek: - This is a BIG deal folks:

If you haven't been paying attention, HB2241 and its companion SB6076 have been pre-filed in Olympia:eek::

Short version:

- Registration with the state of any semi-auto rifle (yes, including your Ruger 10/22:eek:)

- Prohibits a conversion kit, part, or combination of parts:confused:, from which an assault weapon (ie semi auto rifle) can be assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.

- Is effectively a standard capacity magazine ban outside of a legally designated range/hunting.:eek:

Failure to comply = felony::eek:

HB2241

More discussion:

THIS FRIDAY - Jan 17 - Rally 4 UR Rights, Olympia, WA.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top