JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, I'm having fun with this reloading, but I dont have any idea what the velocity of the loads are...so its time to find out...what do you recommend for a chronograph? What am I looking for in a minimum standard or metering rate? Anything I should stay away from?...1st or 2nd choice?...affordable that does the job...is alway a hit. Where to buy it?

I appreciate your thoughts, if you want to share them...thanks...I'm hooked!

I use the basic Shooting Crony. It works just fine without all the bells and whistles. If you want bells and whistles, by all means pay the extra and get them.
A decent tripod should be included in your cronograph purchase.

I have a Shooting Chrony,has the printer and remote screen.
Remember that there are 2 types of chronograpgh owners,those that have shot theirs,and those that will :D

http://shootingchrony.com/

Or have a friend that will!
First time we used mine, my friend shot one of the rods that holds the diffusers. We never found the one piece of rod. I've had a makeshift rod since day two!

Man I'm glad he didn't hit the Chrony itself!

+1 on the tripod.

I would highly recommend that you get one which will accept a wireless remote printer and remote control. If you are at a range with other shooters, you can't just walk out to your chrony at will. You may not want the remote printer and remote control in the beginning, but eventually you may need it.

I do all of my load tuning on my own property so it's no issue. When I go to the public range and friends want to use it, everything changes.

I have this unit: Link

PS Click on "suggested products" and see that they sell extra diffusers and rods cheap. You'll need that the first time some yahoo shoots them for you. :D

I would highly recommend that you get one which will accept a wireless remote printer and remote control. If you are at a range with other shooters, you can't just walk out to your chrony at will. You may not want the remote printer and remote control in the beginning, but eventually you may need it.

I do all of my load tuning on my own property so it's no issue. When I go to the public range and friends want to use it, everything changes.

I have this unit: Link

PS Click on "suggested products" and see that they sell extra diffusers and rods cheap. You'll need that the first time some yahoo shoots them for you. :D

I too have the Prochrono Digital and it's worked well for me so far.

I've also got the 25ft USB connection to tie it into my little netbook which will show (and store) the results in large print on-screen. :s0155:

I've also got the 25ft USB connection to tie it into my little netbook which will show (and store) the results in large print on-screen. :s0155:

25' USB? How does that work? Is it just one 25' cable? The maximum design length for a USB cable is 5 meters, or 16' 5" without splicing into a hub. I'm not doubting you, that just caught me off guard a bit. I didn't even know that a 25' USB cable was manufactured since it exceeds industry design standards by a lot, or at least did the last I knew.

<broken link removed>

I'm sure you have one. I just kinda stumbled on that one for the reasons mentioned.

25' USB? How does that work? Is it just one 25' cable? The maximum design length for a USB cable is 5 meters, or 16' 5" without splicing into a hub. I'm not doubting you, that just caught me off guard a bit. I didn't even know that a 25' USB cable was manufactured since it exceeds industry design standards by a lot, or at least did the last I knew.

<broken link removed>

I'm sure you have one. I just kinda stumbled on that one for the reasons mentioned.

Actually, the CABLE isn't technically a USB cable (though it is 25' long). It plugs into a USB dongle in my USB port to enable serial (COM) communication with the chronograph.

Here's what I am referring to: <broken link removed>

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=538940

Actually, the CABLE isn't technically a USB cable (though it is 25' long). It plugs into a USB dongle in my USB port to enable serial (COM) communication with the chronograph.

Here's what I am referring to: <broken link removed>

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=538940

OK thanks, that makes sense. Probably because some/most laptops may not have a serial connection. That threw me for a bit.

Thanks for the link. I was unaware of that accessory. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads