JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With everything going on, I'm seriously thinking of getting a bulletproof jacket. This place is in WA and has good prices. The owner shot himself while wearing his product which was impressive to watch. Anyway -- just curious if there are any customers on the board and looking for an unbiased opinion.

I keep meaning to ask this place if you can stop in there to see the stuff as they are close to me. I will be curious to hear too if anyone has tried them. Stuff sure looks nice for the price.

Yeah -- I can hardly justify not getting a jacket for $350. I think about that guy mudered in Portland last night and the price seems like nothing.

I have a HardWire clipboard for work. No plates, vests or clothing.

I am guessing that Liberty 9mm 50gr 2000+ fps would punch through the heavy level IIIA jacket.
Depends...some will stop them and some won't. There are always ways to defeat anything. But to the original post. Get a good concealed vest you can wear under anything. I have worn a bunch of armor and those jackets and hoodies are a pain. You want something that will hug your body and stay in place. Also make sure they are NIJ certified or there has been multiple independent testing. Bulletsafe has cheaper vests but they are just that. They do not stop the advertised threats. Free Field Training on YouTube did some tests of Bulletsafe that failed quite bad. Make sure this company will not have the same problems. Granted the owner was willing to shoot himself, so i guess that says something. But either way, jackets and hoodies are limited in what weather and environment you can wear them. Get a good concealed vest and I think you will be much happier. Far more versatile. Also don't get it to large, make sure it fits correct and it will conceal far better. Safelifedefense makes good inexpensive vests. If you can afford a thin point blank, aba/Safariland, hardwire, etc all the better.

Armoring up is only half of it... shooting back with superior firepower is the other 90% of the equation. :D 8BA505DC-19E1-4C9A-92C3-AFEA838FCA4D.jpeg

I am guessing that Liberty 9mm 50gr 2000+ fps would punch through the heavy level IIIA jacket.
There is no such thing as "bullet proof" anything. I wear a vest at work, it does not work like making me superman. Bullets to not bounce off if I get shot. The entire point of soft armor is to give the person wearing it a better shot at surviving being shot. Many do not seem to grasp this well. <shrug>
The Co that makes my current vest makes nice insert to stop many rifle rounds. While back someone who is not part of the Co made a video where they were shooting one of his vests with a 50BMG. The people making the video expected the round to of course go through. They were shocked when it did not. The round made it through the plates and was found in the vest. Of course many here who watched it did not get it. Saying the force would probably still kill the person wearing it, if shot with a 50BMG. They could not seem to grasp that the inserts are not made to stop a 50BMG in the first place. When wearing soft armor "some" rounds will defeat it even from hand guns. The idea is if the round does make it through the vest, or jacket or whatever the round will have used up a lot of it's energy by then. So person wearing it "may" survive. No they do not make bullets bounce off like on TV.

Two things somewhere on my list, but downwards because I think the possibility I will need them is slim, but would be an advantage if SHTF:

1) Ballistic protection. Personal and vehicles. For the latter, I would like to put panels in strategic places at the rear of vehicles - e.g., on my pickup, the tailgate and rear of the cab, rear of the cab for the truck (it is a flatbed, rear of camper when I put a camper on it, maybe all around the camper), rear cargo door for the SUV. Maybe armor steel with anti-spall coating for the truck cabs and the tailgate, maybe lexan for the rear windows. Composite panel for the SUV.

2) NV - preferably hybrid thermal/NV

Right now it is guns/ammo/food and setting up my comms.

Battle steel makes good reasonably priced 10x12 flexible 3A panels for your carrier, or CATI makes good 11x14 swimmers cut steel plates. I purchased some in the last year to replace some 10 year old fiberglass and ceramics that were past their prime, I hear that I could have spraypainted them to protect them better, but I can only move forward.

My personal view is if u plan on going to the riots or being part of a counter protest or whatever then by all means go for it.

But if for normal life, will u be wearing the garment almost all the time? If it is in any way uncomfortable most people wouldn't wear it I think for normal everyday.

For normal everyday I would rather put emphasis on carrying 100% of the time and getting mental skills and physical skills ready. Those things would be way more important than any armor imo especially if u are not wearing armor 100% of the time when away from house. But again if u are heading into a war zone then yea armor could be a good idea.

Also I wonder if open carry might be something you want to consider. Not advocating that, but something to consider.

If you take the protest shooting as an example, the victim was apparently stalked by the skateboarder and shooter (and possibly others). If the victim was openly carrying, would the skateboarder have said "we got one right here", "right there?", "yea pull it out". Or, seeing the gun, would they not bother with that victim?

Would the psycho antifa guy have drawn down on the victim if he was obviously open carrying? I doubt it personally because those people are cowards and were stalking him and took action because they knew they could get away with it. Can't say for sure of course but open carry could have been a deterrent in that case (If obviously visible).

I am thinking that at least for my daughter I would want to get the lightest most comfortable soft armor I could afford. Like a gun, if it is heavy and hot or otherwise uncomfortable then she probably would not wear it when she would need it - ditto with it slowing her down and/or limiting the distance she could travel on foot.

So probably a light weight (under 5 pounds) soft concealment setup - has the added advantage of not letting people know you are wearing armor, which would invite not only other interest (does this person have a gun?) but also may motivate attackers to shoot you in the head/etc. - also lets you wear the armor in situations where you wouldn't wear a tactical carrier.

In a SHTF situation at home/etc., it could be upgraded with hard plates.

Disadvantage: most concealment setups are level IIIa - only protecting against standard pistol calibers but then that is the most likely a person is to be shot with in a non tactical situation.

Also I wonder if open carry might be something you want to consider. Not advocating that, but something to consider.

If you take the protest shooting as an example, the victim was apparently stalked by the skateboarder and shooter (and possibly others). If the victim was openly carrying, would the skateboarder have said "we got one right here", "right there?", "yea pull it out". Or, seeing the gun, would they not bother with that victim?

Would the psycho antifa guy have drawn down on the victim if he was obviously open carrying? I doubt it personally because those people are cowards and were stalking him and took action because they knew they could get away with it. Can't say for sure of course but open carry could have been a deterrent in that case (If obviously visible).
Watch the videos of the recent attack on Mr. Kyle Rittenhouse. Open carrying an AR15 did not deter them. They believe they can call your bluff and you will not use it. They learned that lesson the hard way.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top