Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

bullet proof vest/flack jacket

Discussion in 'Part & Accessory Classifieds' started by makkie, Nov 3, 2011.

1. makkie

makkie tri-cities washington Member

I have a military grade flack jacket, it said to be able to stop a 762x39 round. but I don't want,to put holes in it.

wanting to trade for ar-15, or a 9mm,or 45mm hand gun. mp/xdm only.

call or text at 5093801848

2. makkie

to the top, this and a draco for a quality ar-15 !

3. SON*OF*LIBERTY

SON*OF*LIBERTY Forest Grove Active Member

Im sorry but this info above could lead to some one being overly confident in there protection in an adverse circumstance.

??? "flak jacket" ??? "said to stop 7.62*39"???

Class III/IV plates would, a NIJ-II flak jacket (pasgt I am assuming) will not stop rifled rounds.

However there are arguments in the market on pistol rounds, it is slated around level Nij-II, but tests have proven otherwise, approching protection of a IIIa, but is NOT classified as such.

Rascals and (deleted member) like this.
  4. makkie

oh well thats just the info I know, I'm not posting it to really teach people about what a flak jacket or plate carrier is. My freind from the military has sworn up and down to see his comrades get shot wearing one of these. Even on the sapi it states 762 apm2 protection. and can you tell me what the difference in a vest,or "plate carrier" that stops bullets and shrapnel, and a flak? I'm in no form of military so I wouldn't know. But I was in the boyscouts once, and ate a brownie!

Jei_A and (deleted member) like this.
  5. makkie

sold!!