JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The reason behind the bullet shortage is unclear.

"It is very strange," said Eric Brewster, a local hunter. "I've heard different reasons as to why -- the war effort has been an issue over the past year, and of course, the survivalist theory that people are hoarding and stocking up."

Or maybe it is the President that got elected? Nah, that can't be it.....

Josh, maybe we ot to hold a 'Bullet Drive' ! :D

Frog.

Not a bad idea, great advocacy. I wonder what the press would say about a gun group donating bullets to a police department. I would bet the reach-out would only help relationship between gun owners and police.

Wish I had some to give.

Or maybe it is the President that got elected? Nah, that can't be it.....

That's an interesting conundrum that you pose here, timbernet -- akin, I would think, to the old "What came first: the chicken or the egg?" Gun sales and ammo sales spiked when it appeared that Obama was going to be elected, and they haven't much let up since. But was it Obama's election that spurred the rush to arms and ammo, or was it the gun- and ammo-buying public that made that made it come true? Hmmmmm

I'm going right down with a box of 500 115gr FMJs and 20 slingshots to my neighborhood precinct. :D Seriously, if they weren't so locked in to their sources, they could find all the practice ammo they could use. Wolf is sitting everywhere right now, and works find for quals or practice.

A buddy just got back from Idaho and said from John Day (where there was all sorts of ammo on shelves) east into Idaho, nobody was anywhere near as short as around Portland, where if you don't get to BiMart when the truck does you go without. That tells me that something besides the supply chain is at fault.

A buddy just got back from Idaho and said from John Day (where there was all sorts of ammo on shelves) east into Idaho, nobody was anywhere near as short as around Portland, where if you don't get to BiMart when the truck does you go without. That tells me that something besides the supply chain is at fault.

I've noticed the same thing here on the coast. Freddy's has ammo and so does the local sporting goods store. The only problem is I won't buy from them. It would cost me over $25 to get a box of .40s&w at these places. My brother still picks up ammo for me at wally world and bimart for under $13/box last time I bought some. Were the prices that disproportionate east of the cascades?

I didn't find out from him if he noticed prices or just took a gander at the shelves. Dead Meyer (I remember when he was still alive) and even the old Pay Less Drug and others here used to sell guns and ammo quite reasonably. Bimart is the only place close to home where the prices are OK, they just don't get a lot in, and have limits to get it to as many as possible.

I don't think an 'ammo drive' would be a very good idea. All it would take is one maggot who thought it was funny (or a cop-hater) to reload a round with an overload of powder to cause some cop to be seriously injured. For that reason alone, I doubt the PDs would go for it.
Max

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads