JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Son bought a bullpup 12GA too as his first. My recommendation would be on range day, show up with some warm to hot loads. The AK style action on my Son's didn't like cheaper bird shot at all at first. Luckily I brought a wide selection of ammo. He ran though a lot of bulk slugs and buck shot!!!! Expensive but what a GREAT DAY!!!!!

Don't judge. 😂
SMELL THE GLOVE!!

11104F41-0928-4F48-A1EA-1AFF03824EDA.jpeg

OK….. back on topic. :s0092:

I'm the kinda guy that's gotta do something to understand it. A hundred people could tell me why my decision sucked and I'd disagree with all of them right up until a ate a few hulls. My right handed X95 comes to mind, here. Your son may be the same way, and maybe he'll really really like it. Worst case, he buys something different.

I'm the kinda guy that's gotta do something to understand it. A hundred people could tell me why my decision sucked and I'd disagree with all of them right up until a ate a few hulls. My right handed X95 comes to mind, here. Your son may be the same way, and maybe he'll really really like it. Worst case, he buys something different.
Or learns to shot right handed.

I tried leaving a semi-full drum in the Saiga & the top shell deformed & refused to chamber
Ah, I have not tried storing them long term in the gun.

Hello, my name is tinnitus. I'll just snuggle up close to your ear while you pop off some 3 inch mags.

I SAID MY NAME IS TINNITUS, I'LL JUST HANG OUT HERE A WHILE....
WHAT?

:D

Like any other weapon intended for self defense and the defense of loved ones, use it and understand it until you can wake up from a dead sleep at the worst time of night and use it instinctively.

Drill, baby drill. Maintain, baby, maintain. Shoot it until you are confident with your chosen defensive ammo it will go bang 100 out of 100 times. Especially critical of a semi-auto. Also, be able to quickly and efficiently clear a jam under pressure.

Also, like any other machine it can fail, so he needs a backup. This is where a pistol comes into play. Above advice also applies to the backup as well as the primary.

With all things gun related, purchase is FAR from the last step.

Appreciate all the insight to-date. My son started life left-handed, but used to shoot an air rifle whichever way he picked it up. He's convinced he'll quickly learn & adapt to the best way to pick up & shoulder that shotgun.

A couple days ago, I learned that, along with that bullpup 12 ga., he also acquired a Ruger AR and is now seriously considering a couple of Sig P365 Micros. I'll be visiting his little family soon & might learn what prompted his shift from neutral on gun ownership to "gotta-have some".

Regarding tinnitus, I am curious to learn, is it just me or does every gun owner think the whole world trills a constant high-G note? Back in the late '70s, an army CID guy told me that empty .38 shells work well as ear plugs . . . and I think that could have been one of the last things I ever heard clearly.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads