Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bulk Kerosene search

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DNACME, Dec 19, 2011.

1. DNACME

DNACME Portland, OR New Member

I saw a post here that one can use jet-A fuel run through a filter...for kerosene (oil) lamps I think. I need it for a heater. Anyone know if that stuff would work safely in a fairly large portable kerosene heater? I'd like to stock up but don't want to pay Home Depot prices if I can avoid it...

2. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

#1 Diesel is supposed to be the same, too. Buy the off-road formula w/o the die or road taxes.

3. DNACME

I'll check that out.

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Why not call someone like Mark Nelson Oil Company or McCalls or who ever you find in your phone book that sells Bulk Kerosene and buy some.

5. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

6. billt

billt Glendale, Arizona Active Member

There is more Paraffin in Diesel than in K-1 Grade Kerosene. Don't use it in a Kerosene heater that will be used indoors. There will be much more odor and Carbon Monoxide. It will also soot up the wick much faster causing incomplete combustion. Airports will not pump Jet-A into anything other than an aircraft. I tried buying it for my Petromax Kerosene lanterns from my local airport, and was turned away.

7. DNACME

Good info, thank you-all. I'll get on the suggested vendors.

8. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to NWF ! looks like your picking up some info already...enjoy yourself !!

steven