JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
WHO WANTS TO PLAY?

I raised this concept in another thread a few days ago, but wanted to check with the mods before posting it.

We have been talking for a while about truck guns. There has been some great ideas and thoughts posted. I have participated in a few online, honors-system postal shooting matches over the year and the thought struck me that maybe we should try a truck gun build-off.

So here is what I am proposing. With a budget limit of $400, you build a truck gun. I would suggest starting a build thread so everyone can follow along, but not required. Build what you would want, use your own parts, buy parts, but try to do as much work as you can (safely) do yourself. Post a link to your build thread in this contest thread. The idea here is built, not bought, so make it something you are making changes to (more than adding optics).

In six month, so around the first of February, we will judge the entries. I was figuring categories for best semi-auto, best bolt, most unique, and ugliest. I can't promise prizes, but I'd be glad to put up some CCI MiniMag 100 round bricks to the winners. And of course, there'd be bragging rights!

Right now my thought is to have @AndyinEverson and myself judge, and maybe @Velzey if I can convince him. All judging will be done from photos and build logs.

I know we have some talented amateur gunsmiths on here, so let's see what you can come up with.

I will probably build something, but won't be eligible to win. :)

Sounds like an interesting idea. I know of other "build off" type things on other forums (I built a rad rod bike once for a build off)

Could be fun.

@AndyinEverson will most certainly vote for a traditional muzzleloader. :p

But seriously, all contests need to be approved by @Joe Link before being posted here. Interesting idea, but hit up Joe and we can see if it goes live.

Thread closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews