JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
AR-9mm 12.5" barrel :)
20161229_161922-208x478.jpg

Jeez, I'm digging it! If I could actually see it. How about a better picture of that beauty?! :D

The 9mm pistol carbine thing has bit me too. I like the finish on your build. But I am curious about something. Why did you go the limited route of a "Glock" mag specific receiver? Why not use a standard AR receiver with a mag block. Then you can use any upper you want and go back to 9mm? That is what I did with this one. 80% poloymer receiver with a mag block to accept Colt Uzi style stick mags. The one pictured is a 25 round mag. If you need more capacity. Go after market extended Uzi mags and alter it for the mag catch.

IMG_20161114_214731888_zps5syzcfxp.jpg

I like the finish on your build. But I am curious about something. Why did you go the limited route of a "Glock" mag specific receiver? Why not use a standard AR receiver with a mag block. Then you can use any upper you want and go back to 9mm? That is what I did with this one. 80% poloymer receiver with a mag block to accept Colt Uzi style stick mags. The one pictured is a 25 round mag.
View attachment 331996

The reason why I went with a glock specific lower is...
1.) I have a glock handgun
2.) The mag block in a standard AR can move if slamming the magazine home. "Been there done that no thanks"
3.) Cheap magazines
4.) Looks better to me having a magwell the same size of the magazine
5.) I used a standard slick side 556 upper no problem
6.) I can switch out the upper to a 40 S&W pop in a 40 S&W mag and I am good to go
7.) I have plenty of other AR no need to switch out uppers or fiddle with taking out a Mag block

Yup the 9mm thing got me too. But this is a two-stamp suppressed SBR in-waiting :cool:...

glamour1_small_zpsjawse1gf.jpg

Went with a Colt-pattern QC-10 lower and a sidecharging upper to reduce blowback gassing me in the face when supressed. Just built it last week and shot it yesterday up in the hills above Washougal. Worked flawlessly with the JP bolt and buffer combo.

Thirtycal

The reason why I went with a glock specific lower is...
1.) I have a glock handgun
2.) The mag block in a standard AR can move if slamming the magazine home. "Been there done that no thanks"
3.) Cheap magazines
4.) Looks better to me having a magwell the same size of the magazine
5.) I used a standard slick side 556 upper no problem
6.) I can switch out the upper to a 40 S&W pop in a 40 S&W mag and I am good to go
7.) I have plenty of other AR no need to switch out uppers or fiddle with taking out a Mag block

Fare enough.

Yup the 9mm thing got me too. But this is a two-stamp suppressed SBR in-waiting :cool:...

View attachment 332000

Went with a Colt-pattern QC-10 lower and a sidecharging upper to reduce blowback gassing me in the face when supressed. Just built it last week and shot it yesterday up in the hills above Washougal. Worked flawlessly with the JP bolt and buffer combo.

Thirtycal

I do like that receiver. For some reason an AR style receiver, to me, does not look right with an angled Glock mag. I like this receiver because of the straight stick mags. Just my opinion............carry on.

Love mine, I need a current picture. I put done Daniel Defense sights on it dice and a thread protector. Not sure what I want in the muzzle yet.

IMG_0019.JPG

View attachment 332000

Thirtycal

What upper and lower did you use?
That looks really nice.

I would have to go with a glock since I own a few of them and have a half dozen stick mags.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top