Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Built 1993 Toyota 4Runner

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Item Classifieds' started by DirtyBird, Sep 26, 2011.

1. DirtyBird

DirtyBird Milwaukie Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm looking to sell my 1993 Toyota 4Runner. I recently bought a new Tacoma, and I can't afford to keep both.

It is a 4x4 and has a 3.0 liter V6 and a 5-speed transmission. It has 248,xxx miles on the original powertrain, though I believe the clutch has been replaced. The AC blows cold, and the power windows work, including the rear window - the previous owner replaced the rear window motor. It has a hitch, and is wired for towing. It has an aftermarket CD player with remote and iPod adapter, and a Viper alarm with keyless entry.

What separates this rig from the competition are its off-road modifications. It has a complete Old Man Emu (OME) suspension lift kit installed, Warn locking hubs, Dick Cepek simulated beadlock wheels, and four BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO 32x11.5 tires with plenty of wear left. Previous owner installed new gearing in the rear differential to account for the bigger tires, but I can't remember what the ratio is. Also has an older-style Surco roof rack, a pre-runner bar, and Hella foglights, driving lights, and roof rack lights - all of which work. Oh, it also has a valid state-issued off-road vehicle pass.

The truck has been through the headgasket recall service. I've recently paid to replace both CV axles, the u-joints on either end of the driveline, and to balance the tires. Brakes are in good shape, and I put in a new battery last winter, and a new distributor and spark plug wires the winter before that. Just got the oil changed, and also replaced the rear differential fluid. The truck does have a slow, long-term oil leak of about a half quart to a quart every 2-3 tanks. To me, it looks like it's coming out the bottom, along the oilpan gasket. At any rate, I had the compression checked when I bought it, and everything seemed fine.

I am now asking $3,000 for this truck. I think that's a fair deal for the truck, considering its modifications. I will consider all reasonable offers, and I will consider a partial trade for quality firearms, including Smith & Wesson revolvers, 9mm GLOCKs, nice leverguns, and quality AKs.

Thanks for looking!

5Y35O25W33ma3oc3l1b9qd1cf745d1cc81458.jpg

5Y05T65X13m43o33l5b9q45f84287ce321b2f.jpg

5O65P55R23n93m53ocb9q03d92b1359231b18.jpg

5T25U65X23nf3k63lcb9q8a404bc24152186c.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  2. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Any interior pictures?

3. DirtyBird

Taking this one back to the top. I've dropped the price I'm asking to $4,000.

As requested, here are some (massive) interior pictures:

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  4. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

funny color but nevertheless extremely clean for the age of the vehicle.

5. joe dierte

joe dierte issaquah Member

did they re-gear the front differential also, or just the rear?

6. DirtyBird

Hey Joe, the previous owner just re-geared the rear differential, and not the front. I have a mountain of maintenance records from the P.O. I'll dig through them, and see if I can't find the ratio. I'm chagrined that I can't remember off the top of my head.

7. DirtyBird

Taking this one back to the top. I've had some interest, but no definite offers. I've dropped the price to $3,000 or a partial trade for cash and firearms. That's a pretty good deal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.