Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Building your supply of punji sticks?

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by edison bulb, Feb 28, 2016.

1. edison bulb

edison bulb Portland, OR Well-Known Member

2. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Interesting. Legally I think these could only be deployed in a post-TEOTWAWKI scenario.

Also, remember their purpose is to inflict casualties, not defend a perimeter. They may actually weaken your perimeter. If a refugee band passes nearby, you want them to move on. Any injured refugees will linger, hobbling around, maybe looking for vengeance on the landowner.

3. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

There's a wide variety in methods of deployments many are overt, passive area denial emplacements that serve the same purpose as barbed wire

BoonDocks36 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  4. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

If so you should also start gathering a healthy supply of doodie to smear on them.

5. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Most of us are so full of THAT, that it shouldn't be a problem sourcing a sufficient amount. :D

6. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Barb wire is one thing, hidden booby traps whether it's a trip wire on a shotgun or sharp hidden sticks and your in for a world of legal hurt... Just sayin:rolleyes:.

It would probably be more efficient to buy a spool or two of razor wire and call it good.

BoonDocks36, Sgt Nambu and erudne like this.
  7. clearconscience

I have a neighbor down the street. Possibly a Vet, does a lot of work in the garage with motorcylces and snowmobiles.
    Anyway, they have razor wire on their fence in the backyard. I've always wondered why. But I'm not hating. Might be a good idea these days.
    Just not something you expect in east vancouver.

These days you have to be careful. Some idiot will get hurt and you'll be paying out the anus.

Just like riggin the ol' 12ga to the door handle.

8. clearconscience

Joe13 likes this.
  9. Hdshot

Hdshot Grants Pass Oregon Member

When the SHTF then set booby traps. Not before. Joe13 is correct about the legal hurt. It doesn't take much or a lot of time to make a booby trap. As the VC proved, you can booby trap anything.

10. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Too bad the newer mouse traps are just plain doodie, impossible to set, extremely touchy and, of course made w/doodie materials:D That could be a good post SHTF industry 'rodent traps' made from recycled car seat springs and sim materials

Sgt Nambu and Joe13 like this.
  11. ditchtiger

ditchtiger In the sticks, Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I've installed more than my share of razor wire working at a fence company. The stuff is way beyond nasty compared to barb wire.

Joe13 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  12. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Good point clear!
    However, I not only grow bamboo as a hobby and have plenty of harvested culms in stock. I have a previous history of being able to produce almost biblical loads of scat!:D

brokenarrow, Diamondback and Joe13 like this.
  13. Sgt Nambu

Truly the death of 1,000 cuts! Even with the best wire gloves the Army had when I was in! Post Civil War!

Joe13 likes this.
  14. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

If you need a fertilizer factory I'm your guy... 4500 calories a day in means a LOT coming back out. O.O

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  15. Sgt Nambu

"OUT COMING!!! OUT COMING!!!"

"CLEAR THE TRENCHES AND BUNKERS!!!"

"GET TO THE HIGHEST GROUND!!!"
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

16. Diamondback

d6c4791293a08c4d171abcc6dc81b507afd68b4dd26221b6ffd49f16c6092e1c.jpg

:D

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  17. Sgt Nambu

My IPad isn't allowing me to post a web address, but,

Google Fougasse/weapon
    This stuff is used with punji's and wire to funnel troops or lay ambush (IED).
    I was stationed 50m from N Korea on an itsy bitsy guard post (GP), with a reinforced squad. Our job was to alert the remainder of the Second Division that they were going to die in 15min! Official estimate of our life expectancy was 5min. But I ramble, anyway, scary place!
    This is how we set up our Fougasse, dig a pit to bury a 55gal drum w/ the top about three ft down. Lay a Claymore or two at the bottom facing up. Fill the drum w/ a 1/2 gasoline 1/4 diesel and 1/4 used crankcase oil mix? Lower into hole. Cover with rocks, metal, glass or what ever we could scrounge. Cover with a shelter half or piece of tarp and fill in. Then camouflage as needed! Now, I only saw one of these bad boys set off, to replace it, but man, it was one loud,nasty, flaming boom!:D
    Obviously not something you want to touch off next door, and too big for a couple of guys to handle and set, but very doable with stuff that's readily available in a neighborhood or on a farm. It would almost be worth SHTF to nuke one again!o_O

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Diamondback likes this.
  18. Diamondback

That's a Pucker Factor to ELEVEN situation for sure.

The Claymore's Super-Size-Me bigger, meaner brother? :)

Sgt Nambu likes this.