JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. Legally I think these could only be deployed in a post-TEOTWAWKI scenario.

Also, remember their purpose is to inflict casualties, not defend a perimeter. They may actually weaken your perimeter. If a refugee band passes nearby, you want them to move on. Any injured refugees will linger, hobbling around, maybe looking for vengeance on the landowner.

Interesting. Legally I think these could only be deployed in a post-TEOTWAWKI scenario.

Also, remember their purpose is to inflict casualties, not defend a perimeter. They may actually weaken your perimeter. If a refugee band passes nearby, you want them to move on. Any injured refugees will linger, hobbling around, maybe looking for vengeance on the landowner.
There's a wide variety in methods of deployments many are overt, passive area denial emplacements that serve the same purpose as barbed wire

Barb wire is one thing, hidden booby traps whether it's a trip wire on a shotgun or sharp hidden sticks and your in for a world of legal hurt... Just sayin:rolleyes:.

It would probably be more efficient to buy a spool or two of razor wire and call it good.

I have a neighbor down the street. Possibly a Vet, does a lot of work in the garage with motorcylces and snowmobiles.
Anyway, they have razor wire on their fence in the backyard. I've always wondered why. But I'm not hating. Might be a good idea these days.
Just not something you expect in east vancouver.

These days you have to be careful. Some idiot will get hurt and you'll be paying out the anus.

Just like riggin the ol' 12ga to the door handle.

When the SHTF then set booby traps. Not before. Joe13 is correct about the legal hurt. It doesn't take much or a lot of time to make a booby trap. As the VC proved, you can booby trap anything.

Too bad the newer mouse traps are just plain doodie, impossible to set, extremely touchy and, of course made w/doodie materials:D That could be a good post SHTF industry 'rodent traps' made from recycled car seat springs and sim materials

d6c4791293a08c4d171abcc6dc81b507afd68b4dd26221b6ffd49f16c6092e1c.jpg

:D

My IPad isn't allowing me to post a web address, but,

Google Fougasse/weapon
This stuff is used with punji's and wire to funnel troops or lay ambush (IED).
I was stationed 50m from N Korea on an itsy bitsy guard post (GP), with a reinforced squad. Our job was to alert the remainder of the Second Division that they were going to die in 15min! Official estimate of our life expectancy was 5min. But I ramble, anyway, scary place!
This is how we set up our Fougasse, dig a pit to bury a 55gal drum w/ the top about three ft down. Lay a Claymore or two at the bottom facing up. Fill the drum w/ a 1/2 gasoline 1/4 diesel and 1/4 used crankcase oil mix? Lower into hole. Cover with rocks, metal, glass or what ever we could scrounge. Cover with a shelter half or piece of tarp and fill in. Then camouflage as needed! Now, I only saw one of these bad boys set off, to replace it, but man, it was one loud,nasty, flaming boom!:D
Obviously not something you want to touch off next door, and too big for a couple of guys to handle and set, but very doable with stuff that's readily available in a neighborhood or on a farm. It would almost be worth SHTF to nuke one again!o_O

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top