JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From 16" to 18" the average FPS gain is 100 or less depending on bullet weight. Not much advantage for the extra weight.
1 lb 7 oz is extra weight? Seems like that's pretty light for an 18", no?

From 16" to 18" the average FPS gain is 100 or less depending on bullet weight. Not much advantage for the extra weight.
add a rifle length gas system with rifle buffer and spring or A5 buffer system,,,,,,sweet shooting AR.
It not about the speed.
Honestly a 16" with a mid gas system is also sweet shooting.

Also, Combat Armory (an OEM) has complete LBK's for $57 delivered with code TAKE15, though you'll need to swap in an H3 or H6 buffer with a rifle upper. Their no-stock LPK's are pretty good bang for the buck too--the one problem I had was the triggerguard in one of my kits didn't have spring/detent, and those are like two bucks at Brownells anyway if you wait for no-minimum free shipping.

add a rifle length gas system with rifle buffer and spring or A5 buffer system,,,,,,sweet shooting AR.
It not about the speed.
Honestly a 16" with a mid gas system is also sweet shooting.

Yes sir, both lengths are great with the right gas system. I generally run middies on everything but my pistolas. :)

I personally don't run them. And I agree with your post. I was just offering options. :)
copy that
IMO the barrel and rail are the spots to save weight. An 8 pound balanced gun feels lighter than a nose heavy 6 pound gun . hard to shave weight in the middle of the gun, light optics.
The light and skelitonized BCG 's are a solution for recoil and follow up shots, not so much saving weight although it is a perk.....just a very small one .

I guess I should post an update. I have now completed two AR builds. Thanks to all of you for your input and to "Frank" for the generous contribution. Here are a couple of pics. The Spike's Tactical Jack lower was my first build. It now has a Tango on top and a Romeo at 45 degrees. A friend of mine keeps saying "That's the most accurate AR I've ever shot." I was ringing steel at 280 yards with ease. The rainbow build was finished a few days ago. My lady friends really love it. "She's pretty." (and pretty lightweight, at around 6.5 lbs.)

Thanks again for your input.

Ariel.jpg Jack.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews