Gun Deals
Southwest Firearms
Defensive Arts
Oregon Rifleworks
J&B Firearm Sales
Simply Triggers
Sporting Systems
Reactions
A-P did a nice job designing your lower.
With that particular lower, you escape what I call the two "Man-Boy" separators in an AR build.

1) The trigger guard roll pin.
Many sob stories of broken ears.
Yours is integral.

2) Bolt Catch Roll Pin
This is another tricky pin to drive.
There is actually a How-To video on the Web where the guy mashes (folds over) the end of the pin and calls it good.
Others show the Plier Method and some scar up their lower doing that.
Yours is threaded, so no roll pin to drive.
That’s why I chose the M4e1. I bought the upper but might be in over my head assembling the barrel to the upper

nwslopoke

Reactions
Three things I like on every AR set up is ambi safety, extended charging handle and possibly a upgraded trigger. That depends on the purpose of the firearm.

Going back to standard trigger a 7.62x39. No reliability issues with that. Recently put together an 11.5" pistol setup with 1-6 scope (I had an extra).

jbett98

Reactions
1627586277174.png

Are you the Karen of this forum? I mean I really love the passive aggressive comments. Only looking for positive vibes not toxic people thanx though.
I'm a "tool guy" (Journeyman Carp) and even I had to go out and buy an .050" hex key (Allen wrench).
We go down to 1/16" typically.

jbett98

Reactions
Next time you're driving by a garage sale or better yet an estate sale, walk in and check out the garage or basement for tools, as they always have something up for cheap and if you're lucky you'll find vintage tools that are way better built then the Chinese krap you get in the stores today.
Nothing makes my day better then to score top quality tools for nickles and dimes.

Copeland Custom Gunworks
Let Freedom Ring
Sporting Systems
Cerberus Training Group
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors September Show
Portland, OR
Rimfire Challenge Oct 9th @ DRRC
Eagle Creek, OR
Nrl22 at DRRC