JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking to build my dream gun. I have compiled a list below of things that I am going to add. One of my biggest concerns is I want to have a folding stock, however I have no idea how to do that. Any insight on parts that anyone has to recommend would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

CF343B48-8A3D-4E0E-B8C8-836E25DC9CFF.png

LAW Tactical folding mechanism will get you what you are looking for.

For what you are looking at spending, I would seriously consider getting a Radian ADAC lower. A lot of your other items are gucci so might as well go all in.

Surefire is supposed to be dropping new spec lights I heard at my LGS on Saturday so you might want to hold off picking up a light for a little bit. That or look at the offerings from Cloud Defensive and Modlite. Unity makes some great light switches. Arson Machine makes some very nice and clean cable management items, make sure to check them out.

If you want to save the registry and tax stamp, you can always consider doing a pin and weld. Some great muzzle devices out there these days to get you some of that length savings back compared to a SBR.

Surefire makes some great cans but they are heavy. Make sure the weight is inline with the balance you want on the gun or you might look at some of the other great options on the market.

Looks like a fun build and you will get spoiled with a lot of the alpha components you are looking to use.

For what you are looking at spending, I would seriously consider getting a Radian ADAC lower. A lot of your other items are gucci so might as well go all in.

Surefire is supposed to be dropping new spec lights I heard at my LGS on Saturday so you might want to hold off picking up a light for a little bit. That or look at the offerings from Cloud Defensive and Modlite. Unity makes some great light switches. Arson Machine makes some very nice and clean cable management items, make sure to check them out.

If you want to save the registry and tax stamp, you can always consider doing a pin and weld. Some great muzzle devices out there these days to get you some of that length savings back compared to a SBR.

Surefire makes some great cans but they are heavy. Make sure the weight is inline with the balance you want on the gun or you might look at some of the other great options on the market.

Looks like a fun build and you will get spoiled with a lot of the alpha components you are looking to use.
This is fantastic. Thank you so much for the lengthy reply!

Lots of good comments here already. Radian factory build is a much better buy, and as mentioned Surefire cans are heavy & expensive. But you've got some cool ideas, if you want a particular build there are plenty of good folks to help advise on the folding brace/stock, etc

Some things I'd consider would be an ambi lower, 14.5" p&w rifle upper, less expensive suppressor, get the trigger on sale for $200, and run a cloud defense light. Good charging handle makes all the difference. Just some options for you to look into

Last Edited:
^^^This is the one for sure, avoid the knock-offs.

What on that list do you consider "Gucci"? With the except of the X-series trigger everything is pretty standard stuff.

Surefire is supposed to be dropping new spec lights I heard at my LGS on Saturday so you might want to hold off picking up a light for a little bit.
Should be anytime, Big Tex had some Turbo series X-300Ts in stock but they sold out.
https://www.bigtexordnance.com/prod...tm_content=&_rmId=xxygr06jR9il913lxZ3Yc6vpGwM

That or look at the offerings from Cloud Defensive and Modlite. Unity makes some great light switches. Arson Machine makes some very nice and clean cable management items, make sure to check them out.
Cloud Defensive needs to up the availability game on their REIN2.0. I'll reserve judgement on Unity switches, I've already had to return one for failing first class out. I know I guy the says he has killed 4 in less than 2 years. So we'll see. The Arson Machine cable management system is pretty nice, I have all four M-lok versions and both picatinny versions. I use them in combination to Forward Controls/TNVC panels.

Yep, a 13.7 and 13.9 with a pinned Surefire Warcomp, SOLGW NOX, FCD 6315KM-L, will get you to 16"

Lots of good comments here already. Radian factory build is a much better buy, and as mentioned Surefire cans are heavy & expensive. But you've got some cool ideas, if you want a particular build there are plenty of good folks to help advise on the folding brace/stock, etc

Some things I'd consider would be an ambi lower, 14.5" p&w rifle upper, less expensive suppressor, get the trigger on sale for $200, and run a cloud defense light. Good charging handle makes all the difference. Just some options for you to look into
I wouldn't be worried about the weight of a can if you're going to be running a Mod1. Those guns are not lightest…. Great craftsmanship but heavy as hell.

Law tactical folder.

Surefire or Cloud Defensive lights. I have a rein Micro up in the classifieds if you're interested. There is also a full size rein another member has in the classifieds.

Main things to splurge on - Optic, light, trigger, BCG, and barrel.

Last Edited:
I wouldn't be worried about the weight of a can if you're going to be running a Mod1. Those guns are not lightest…. Great craftsmanship but heavy as hell.

Law tactical folder.

Surefire or Cloud Defensive lights. I have a rein Micro up in the classifieds if you're interested. There is also a full size rein another member has in the classifieds.

What on that list do you consider "Gucci"? With the except of the X-series trigger everything is pretty standard stuff.

Should be anytime, Big Tex had some Turbo series X-300Ts in stock but they sold out.
https://www.bigtexordnance.com/product/surefire-x300t-a-high-candela-led-handgun-light/?utm_source=remarkety&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Surefire X300 Turbos 080522&utm_content=&_rmId=xxygr06jR9il913lxZ3Yc6vpGwM

Cloud Defensive needs to up the availability game on their REIN2.0. I'll reserve judgement on Unity switches, I've already had to return one for failing first class out. I know I guy the says he has killed 4 in less than 2 years. So we'll see. The Arson Machine cable management system is pretty nice, I have all four M-lok versions and both picatinny versions. I use them in combination to Forward Controls/TNVC panels.

Yep, a 13.7 and 13.9 with a pinned Surefire Warcomp, SOLGW NOX, FCD 6315KM-L, will get you to 16"

At 4k, wouldn't one consider just buying a factory gun?

Thank you all very much for the replies. I am somewhat new to the gun world so I really appreciate all of the help. I have started looking into securing a Radian complete build or even just a complete upper, but I am noticing there is nothing in stock and lots of thing saying ther os a 10-12 month wait time. Is there any way around this or will I be waiting a long time to get one? Seems interesting that with having such high demand they can't keep up with production.

Thank you all very much for the replies. I am somewhat new to the gun world so I really appreciate all of the help. I have started looking into securing a Radian complete build or even just a complete upper, but I am noticing there is nothing in stock and lots of thing saying ther os a 10-12 month wait time. Is there any way around this or will I be waiting a long time to get one? Seems interesting that with having such high demand they can't keep up with production.
If you buy direct from Radian you will wait an unknown time to receive your rifle.

If your going to spend the money for a Radian you should just get a KAC and call it a day.

The other thing you can do is if you want the 11.5 barrel and your not concerned about moving your silencer from one gun to another you can get a silencer that can be pinned and welded to the gun.

This will give you 16+ inches and save you a tax stamp. Silencers are usually cheaper as well as they do not have the the quick fittings to add to the cost. Say a Griffin Armament GP5 or a Gemtech TREK both are designed to be pinned and welded to your barrel making it a 16+ plus length and no extra tax stamp.

Just one more option to look at.

Small company that primarily sells smaller components, like charging handle, over firearms. I'm assuming a lot of man hours go into one rifle to make it perfect. That takes time. I'd also assume that they are a made after ordering company. IE they don't keep anything in stock.

There are other brands out there with highly regarded reputations too. Noveske, Daniel Defense, BCM, LMT, etc.

If you are dead set on the filling stock, you could always go buffer less with something like a Sig Virtous or one of CMMGs new guns too.

At 4k, wouldn't one consider just buying a factory gun?

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/product/surefire-x300t-a-high-candela-led-handgun-light/?utm_source=remarkety&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Surefire X300 Turbos 080522&utm_content=&_rmId=xxygr06jR9il913lxZ3Yc6vpGwM

Law tactical folder.

BCM gunfighter ambi 4x4 charge handle. 👍
What do you have now?
The other thing you can do is if you want the 11.5 barrel and your not concerned about moving your silencer from one gun to another you can get a silencer that can be pinned and welded to the gun.

An idea, if one were going to go folding stock on an SBR, I would think Deadfoot Arms might come into the equation as at least an option.

This will give you 16+ inches and save you a tax stamp. Silencers are usually cheaper as well as they do not have the the quick fittings to add to the cost. Say a Griffin Armament GP5 or a Gemtech TREK both are designed to be pinned and welded to your barrel making it a 16+ plus length and no extra tax stamp.

Just one more option to look at.
Hot darn man, for that kinda money Id SBR an MP5 and get an A3 stock!
But to each their own!
Thank you all so much for the input! My build is complete. Thanks again everyone! Can't wait to get out and shoot it this weekend.

Cloud rein 2.0
SocomRc2
BCM 11.5 inch Mlok upper and BCM BCG
Aero Precision Stripped Lower Receiver - M4E1 BLK
Magpul CTR Stock MilSpec Black
Magpul MBUS Pro Rear Sight
Magpul MBUS Pro Front Sight
Aero Precision Lower Parts KIt
Radian Raptor-SD Ambidextrous Charging Handle
Radian Talon Ambidextrous 45/90 Degree Safety Selector - Black
Surefire Three Prong Flash Hider and Suppressor Mount
Armaspec Stealth Recoil Spring