JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I am familiar with the idea of building AK variants from a pile of used and new parts with a folded up receiver. I have done a few 80% AR lowers but that hardly counts as "building" anything.

I have seen UZI kits lately, And Of course all the old STEN kits and stuff along those lines.

Today I stumbled across a bunch of HK stuff. for ONLY $1895 you can buy a MP5 parts kit, Or a G3 for more like $700.

Have any of you tackled projects like these? I watched a guy building some HK stuff in a poorly equipped garage on youtube and it looked like he was doing a pretty good job. I know firearms are not rocket science but you do need to get it right. I have some interest in doing it for the fun of it. The AK seems like a reasonable project, probably more doable than a HK. Maybe a UZI would be fun though.

So anyone?

Last Edited:
I've thought long and hard about the MP-5 kit but decided to just wait for the new Sig Sauer MPX pistol to be released.
It should be about the same price and I would immediately SBR it, so it could eventually have a rear stock added.

First off I believe in Washington it's a felony to have machine gun parts unless you have lic or legally own a machinegun. Washington has some odd rules and regs. That being said the problem you will have is HK guns have a pressed in barrel that unless you have some expensive tools or know someone who does its very difficult to build an HK.

The easiest guns to build if you legally have a class 2 manufacturer or gunsmith lic are tube guns like the Stens however parts sets are getting very expensive. Above all look to the laws because they will take away your rights to firearms should you break the law.

A good friend has a dealers class three lic and a manufacturers lic so is able to build and register parts sets into working guns. When he dies those that are not dealer transferable have to be turned back into parts. You can do all of this but it tends to cost a lot of money.

i have all the expensive tools, what I don't have is the experience.
;);)

Well if it was me I would contact the gun community on some of the boards and get direction and support to build a legal gun. Bowers board subguns.com or some of the others will help you. There are also plans on what it takes to build most any gun. Follow the law and there is lots of fun, don't and it's really going to cost.o_O

I've always wanted the MP5 f/a in my collection. When they were $3400 I thought that was a lot of money...ha!
If I had only known then....

Most of all, I'd like one in 10mm suppressed...I read about those in one of my books a while back, but never had the pleasure of shooting or fornicating one :)

Here is some one the stuff I've found starting the process of finding kits and building forums

I have not signed up here yet, but apparently one of the better forums
http://www.weaponsguild.com/

AKfiles is a good forum for various building
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

STEN Mk3 parts and kits
http://indianapolisordnance.com/sten_mk3.html

other STEN parts
<broken link removed>

Bunch of different kits here
http://militarygunsupply.com/index....Path=2&zenid=9a74aa6ddb3e94086e85b7dc020412ca

Kits at Apex gun parts
https://apexgunparts.com/index.php/cPath/51

I've always wanted the MP5 f/a in my collection. When they were $3400 I thought that was a lot of money...ha!
If I had only known then....

Most of all, I'd like one in 10mm suppressed...I read about those in one of my books a while back, but never had the pleasure of shooting or fornicating one :)

There are a large number of people in the class three community, get to know some of them and have some fun. ARPC has a monthly shoot and a spring shoot. The spring shoot you can rent most anything you could want to shoot, plus meet a lot of great people.

There are a large number of people in the class three community, get to know some of them and have some fun. ARPC has a monthly shoot and a spring shoot. The spring shoot you can rent most anything you could want to shoot, plus meet a lot of great people.
Sounds good.
I've got a few CL3 items. The favorite is my Powder Springs MAC 10/45 with a Lage Mfg. Slowfire upper, folding stock and a TROS Barracuda Suppressor. I can almost write my name with it now :D

Bowers board has a lot of local guys on it, message boards.

www.subguns.com

Oh and D&D sports has a couple of class three they added to their for sale inventory. A Vector uzi and an Olympic M16 conversion.

thats quite a bit for a G3 kit . on your first venture i suggest a Cetme. you can make them look just like a G3 and they act the same way.

parts are a lot cheaper you can contact turbothis down in souther OR for the Semi Auto 922r trigger parts .

if you can get a barrel already in a trunnion thats makes it alot easier as well and you wont need to get a press. if the barrel and trunnion are separated you have to press the barrel in and pin it much like you do with a ak build

here are some pictures of my cetme that i built from a receiver
the lower is a JLD PTR lower.

DSC01855.jpg DSC02095-1.jpg th_MOV02094.mp4.jpg

Last Edited:
I have 5 hydraulic presses ranging from 30 to 400 ton. A mill and a lathe, press brake and 6000 sq feet of shop filled with metal working tools. I am a certified welder and a pretty decent fabricator. If you can't build it in my shop I work with an extensive group of other metal workers from all over the country.

It's the know-how I need. Starting with some cheap kits and trying to build on the knowledge seems reasonable. I would really like to hook up with someone with the know how but lacking the equipment. Seems like that would be a mutually beneficial arrangement.

well then your good to go I built all mine using a cheap harbor freight mig welder and press and a drill press and a good hammer

you're too far away for me to drive over or i would be up for it . I do enjoy building them

I got 2 different kits left but no time to finish them

If you decide to build a cetme or Hk clone let me know i can send specific links if they still exist .

Last Edited:
First off I believe in Washington it's a felony to have machine gun parts unless you have lic or legally own a machinegun. Washington has some odd rules and regs.

Good thing you believe wrong ;) ....... http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.220

The key words are "any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in" so that means there are very few parts that applies to, and the ones that it does would be the same under Federal law.

forgot to mention and you probably already know but building a HK from a flat you will need a jig but having the shop equipment that you have you can probably build one its a pretty simple tool i am sure there a plans somewhere on line for one or rent or buy or borrow .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top