JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,
Building am AR-9 and meed some advice/suggestions. Odinworks stripped upper receiver with Odinworks 10.5" barrel. Stripped Spikes tactical spider lower receiver glock mag style. Need to know if I can use a Fostech Binary trigger in this build. Haven't found any concrete answers online and good luck getting answers from a company's contact us option. If anyone can provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I answered you in the other thread, but since you've started your own...

Here's my trigger hunting saga: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/wtf-happened-here-pew-go-boom.396062/

The short of it is, AR9s are a beast. Some triggers work. Some don't. Some work with some guns of a brand, the same triggers then don't work with others.

You'll note in my saga that I tried a Timmy PCC and RA-535 - both PCC rated triggers...and both failed to function properly, causing unintentional automatic fire. Other people here have run those triggers just fine.

You'll note that nowhere on Fostech's webpage do they say that the trigger is PCC rated. They do say that an M16 BCG is needed...and there is a world of difference between an M16 BCG and an AR9 BCG.

If you've emailed them and they haven't answered, then the answer is no, as the only way you're getting a "yes" is if they're ready to take on responsibility for people tossing those triggers into AR9s...doesn't seem like they are.

Only thing you can do is test it yourself. Function test at home with snap caps. Then load up no more than a few rounds and test test test at the range. Be ready for either an OOB or automatic fire should something not behave.

It's possible you damage a trigger component. It's possible it works just fine but something in the trigger fails prematurely due to the abuse of being so forcefully blowed (back).

What I've learned with the plethora of AR9 parts out there and the overall lack of industry standards...you're going to be your own lead scientist.

I answered you in the other thread, but since you've started your own...

Here's my trigger hunting saga: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/wtf-happened-here-pew-go-boom.396062/

The short of it is, AR9s are a beast. Some triggers work. Some don't. Some work with some guns of a brand, the same triggers then don't work with others.

You'll note in my saga that I tried a Timmy PCC and RA-535 - both PCC rated triggers...and both failed to function properly, causing unintentional automatic fire. Other people here have run those triggers just fine.

You'll note that nowhere on Fostech's webpage do they say that the trigger is PCC rated. They do say that an M16 BCG is needed...and there is a world of difference between an M16 BCG and an AR9 BCG.

If you've emailed them and they haven't answered, then the answer is no, as the only way you're getting a "yes" is if they're ready to take on responsibility for people tossing those triggers into AR9s...doesn't seem like they are.

Only thing you can do is test it yourself. Function test at home with snap caps. Then load up no more than a few rounds and test test test at the range. Be ready for either an OOB or automatic fire should something not behave.

It's possible you damage a trigger component. It's possible it works just fine but something in the trigger fails prematurely due to the abuse of being so forcefully blowed (back).

What I've learned with the plethora of AR9 parts out there and the overall lack of industry standards...you're going to be your own lead scientist.
Unintentional automatic fire?! :s0001:

Report to your nearest police precinct and turn yourself in for prosecution, IMMEDIATELY! :s0012:

:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads