JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's the first time I've heard someone say they had an issue from over oiling. Like Bkb says, excessive oil won't cause your trigger pin to walk if installed properly. The groove that the spring foot sits in keeps the pin in place. The oil isn't captive so it can't force the spring foot out of the groove and oil isn't going to act in a hydraulic manner in that circumstance.

Btw, you wouldn't happen to be the same Joeroket that used to hang out with the guys from Nasioc.com would you?

you could most definitely put the legs underneath- people do it all the time. i've fixed probably a half dozen similarly misassembled FCGs in the last few years.

and i can tell you with 100% certainty that your trigger pin is not walking out because of "over oiling." there's another problem that needs to be addressed.

Well I will take it apart and take a gander at the pin holes with a mic and see if they are out of tolerance then. The reason I felt it was oil was because after drying it all out the pins snapped into place but when drenched they would not completely hold in place.

That's the first time I've heard someone say they had an issue from over oiling. Like Bkb says, excessive oil won't cause your trigger pin to walk if installed properly. The groove that the spring foot sits in keeps the pin in place. The oil isn't captive so it can't force the spring foot out of the groove and oil isn't going to act in a hydraulic manner in that circumstance.

Btw, you wouldn't happen to be the same Joeroket that used to hang out with the guys from Nasioc.com would you?

That makes sense now that I think about it.

No, I am not that joeroket.

Well I will take it apart and take a gander at the pin holes with a mic and see if they are out of tolerance then. The reason I felt it was oil was because after drying it all out the pins snapped into place but when drenched they would not completely hold in place.

I'm guessing that you installed the pin backwards. Check the grooves and see where they line up inside of the lower receiver.

I'm not aware that there is a backwards way to install the trigger pin. Just for giggles and grins though the grooves are on the left.

you are correct.. since the hammer spring legs both cross the pin, it matters not which direction you stick the pin in- UNLESS you have one of those wacky Bill Springfield trigger hack jobs... then it definitely matters.

Nope. I have just a stock trigger and springs.

I took it apart today and found that the hammer spring was not coming into contact with the groove on the trigger pin. It looks like the flanges on the edges of the trigger pin hole on the trigger itself are not made correctly. The flange is holding the hammer spring up to high keeping it from seating in the pin groove. I had to bend the hammer spring slightly clear the flange and get it to seat in the groove. Now the pin snaps into place. I also twisted the hammer spring coils a bit to give it a little more tension, it felt weaker than my last AR trigger did.

Thanks for the info guys. It definitely helped me locate and solve my pin issue. Now I just need to convince the wife I need an aftermarket trigger/hammer assembly.

most of the AR's you can buy complete for under a grand or so are built with crap commercial spec parts. I would much rather buy all the mil-spec parts I need to build the rifle and do it myself. Or even have a smith assemble it for you if needed, its only like $40 to do the upper and the lower anyone can do themselves. There is nothing like having a complete rifle made out of %100 choice parts... If you want accuracy then buy a accurate bbl, milspec upper receiver and bcg. Hbar bbl is cheap and accurate....

If you build one wait for good deals!! every black friday (which is coming up) del-ton does a good sale, plus they let you build it around the stripped lower you have. Get some great kits for the 400-600 range and they give a discount to ar15.com members if you send them your log in name.
Also almost every ar company gives sales around holidays especially patriotic holidays, buy a lower stripped and search regularly. Also buying built uppers with bcg is the way to go! I built a few for under 700$ with receiver and even got a nice 24" bull barrel ss with m4 feedrams forward assist and a ff guard for under 420 shipped with the bcg!! AR15 has alot of sales on the .com website from vendors

Not sure who I got it through it was advertised as a post on ar15.com It was a 24" bullbarrel with a m4 style flat top upper receiver with the forward assist and feedramps. Shoots great, but sadly haven't broken her in yet (had to donate the lower to another ar) Just got her built up with a nice magpul adjustable stock PRS I believe, but cheapoed out on the trigger got a rra 2 stage to hold me over til i get a nice timney, then that will go to another AR I have built up who is stock triggered. Ill try and grap a picture of her, with a baby and was living in cali, on a shoe string budget and with a optic hook up (not the best but its a bushnell400$ scope I got new from a friends store for like 150( Huge mark up on those crappy kinda scopes kept my build at about 800$ not bad, but no match gun! **** I'm no match shooter anyway! Looks like a coyote gun(tho I dont kill animals, only for targets can and peop... never mind that last one)

Thanks I was looking at BLM now the sheriff site might be good too, thanks!! Also The jeeps a 07 Rubicon with 37" mudders, beadlocks and a warn winch!! Getting to that good spot that others can't feels good, unless I need help!! then well I like hiking :)

A lot of the folks in this thread are on the other side of the Columbia River but Surplus Ammo and Arms (Lakewood, WA) has been running a sale on their stripped lower for $59.99....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top