Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Building an AR-10 & Ar-15!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PfcSalt, Nov 16, 2009.

1. PfcSalt

PfcSalt Oregon New Member

:D I am stoked! I got a new DPMS compatible "FA-10" .308 stripped lower from Fidelis Arms with the Marine Corps emblem engraved on the receiver, AND ordered a custom engraved stripped lower for a new AR-15, too. I'm building two new rifles!
    I have a lower parts kit on the way for FA-10 lower and now am trying to figure out what to do for a stock, and how to improve the trigger without going too far over my budget.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    The big boomer will probably get a DPMS .338 Federal upper with 18" barrel...
    I already have a bolt action 30-06 so am less inclined to go with .308. The ballistics are so similar for 30-06 and .308.
    I'll put a 16" barrel on the .556 lower, free floating 4-rail hanguard. Both rifles will get optics. I am old and can't see as well as I used to.
    Semper Fi
    :gun13:

2. PfcSalt

PfcSalt Oregon New Member

Lower has the Marine Corps' Eagle Globe and Anchor engraved on the right side....a nice touch.

7.62 stripped lower.jpg

3. chris@fidelisarms

chris@fidelisarms Redmond, OR New Member

I am thrilled to hear you are satisfied by the part. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any future needs or questions.