JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Also, I might need some help. I have never done this before. :)

So, I was looking around and found this set for 250 bucks...

Correct me if I am wrong but All I would need is this...
<broken link removed>

Or a Nodak Spud like this...so i can build a sidefolder. (of course I would need the spring loaded parts that catch the stock when folded...and the skeleton stock plus pin)
<broken link removed>
So far we are at 360 bucks without the barrel and skeleton stock set.

I think the skeleton stock set will cost about 60 bucks...
Furniture :: Triangle Sidefolding Stock Only NO TRUNNION - AK-Builder.com

Then there is the hardware for that stock...72 bucks.
<broken link removed>

So we are at about 550 so far with all the shipping etc.

Then a barrel for 200...we are at 750
THEN, I HAVE TO BUILD IT!

But I still save an assload of money if I know someone I can feed beer to who has the tools. Or....I get a gunsmith to put it together for an additional 150-200?

What kind of barrel to get?

Is there anyone in the Kitsap area who can help build AKs?

Honestly with current prices you'd be better off to buy a used AK-74 or equivalent.

Waffen Werks complete AK-74s are still reasonably priced - about the same cost as picking up all your parts.

For the side folder... You're still missing the release button & spring, as well as the forward catch & spring. See how the little things add up?

If you want the side folder, look for stamped receiver Arsenal SLR series rifles, or an SGL 31-94. Probably the most common sold in the US. You might find some used kit-build sidefolders now and then, but you never know what might be wrong with them. Added bonus of buying an SLR is that you have your choice of 7.62x39, 5.45x39, or 5.56. And you can still get them in standard AK-74M config, short carbine, and pistol config.

Dont forget you need to be .922 compliant.....you cant have more than 10 imported parts on your AK.
on a '74 build should be 6 (iirc) for .922.

Receiver, barrel .......done

FCG counts as 3

add US Grip or Gas Piston.... and your legal

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR