JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Go down to your local hobby shop and buy a model airplane kit and build your own drone. Israil did. There first RC airplanes where hobby shop models. Cost? $150. US cost for the same RC model plane, millions.
How big are model airplanes? I had on with a 8 ft wing span and twin engines. The othere one was only 7 ft wing span. Lots of fun. Im thinking about building another model, but then I might scare the shorts of some of the towny's and get me arrested for,,, well the cops will think of something.

Not hard to do. Largely just as you described. I knew a couple guys building primitive Gps guided planes 10 or 12 yrs ago. Im sure with advances in Gps and gyros it would be even easier now.

About 40 years ago I worked out how to load a RC airplane with 1# black powder, 1# nails and an impact detonator. Trouble was I couldn't afford to build one!

Hahaha! 40 yr old RC technology may have made that a very interesting flight. Lots of fly a ways back then. The electronics are much more reliable now. Yes, it would make a good weapon, just remember its really hard to hit a target on purpose with one. Ive tried. We used to have kamikaze events at fun flys. Maybe one guy out of ten could dive bomb one into a dumpster or trash can.
The first few planes are expensive. After you acquire enough engines, receivers, and servos it gets pretty affordable. They are like guns. You buy one and five years later shake your head at your 20 or 50 or more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top