JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, I'm familiar with their two stage (it's in my "distance" build). For this build, I wanted to see how stock compared to their trigger overhaul parts. You can see in my pictures above that the KIDD interacts with the safety using more surface area (and it shows. 0 trigger movement when safe) and the hammer and sear interact with significantly less surface area, creating a lighter and more glass rod-like trigger pull with almost no creep and very little over travel. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it - it is a significant improvement over stock.

I was checkin' out your pictures and those parts look much better than what others produce. I like the way Tony mounts the ejector, nice and solid with no floppin' around like the basic Ruger 10/22.

Nice. Curious, how much $ do you think you'll have in it when done?

So, I acquire parts over a long time and try to always purchase at a discount. (Building an AR now, for example, and am planning on acquiring parts over the course of the next 10-12 months...) I don't recall what I spent but here is the tally for current MSRP's.

PMACA Chassis: 160
MFT Battlelink Stock: 60
AR BufferTube: 20
Pike Aluminum 10/22 trigger housing: 73
KIDD trigger parts: 105
KIDD Bolt handle: 30
KIDD Lightweight Barrel: 303
Indignant Arms AR grip: 65

Paracord for the stock wrap and purple heart for the wood for the grip I've had on hand for awhile, maybe another $20?

It is pretty much done at this point - just trying to find time to get the wood shaped for the grip. I live in a townhouse and don't often get time until late at night when power tool use is a no-go...so have been hand tooling it.

Before anyone enters to say that that's too much to spend on a .22: this is my hobby. I've spent this and more in the past on much worse vices. I won't judge your spending, so let me enjoy mine. I'm not planning on selling this, ever, and know that if I do, I won't get any of this cash back. Thank you,

So, I acquire parts over a long time and try to always purchase at a discount. (Building an AR now, for example, and am planning on acquiring parts over the course of the next 10-12 months...) I don't recall what I spent but here is the tally for current MSRP's.

PMACA Chassis: 160
MFT Battlelink Stock: 60
AR BufferTube: 20
Pike Aluminum 10/22 trigger housing: 73
KIDD trigger parts: 105
KIDD Bolt handle: 30
KIDD Lightweight Barrel: 303
Indignant Arms AR grip: 65

Paracord for the stock wrap and purple heart for the wood for the grip I've had on hand for awhile, maybe another $20?

It is pretty much done at this point - just trying to find time to get the wood shaped for the grip. I live in a townhouse and don't often get time until late at night when power tool use is a no-go...so have been hand tooling it.

Before anyone enters to say that that's too much to spend on a .22: this is my hobby. I've spent this and more in the past on much worse vices. I won't judge your spending, so let me enjoy mine. I'm not planning on selling this, ever, and know that if I do, I won't get any of this cash back. Thank you,

Nice! I admire your "get it done" attitude, no matter what. :)

You, nor anyone else needs permission to do what you truly enjoy doing. Spent too much? I have one brother-in-law who has a bag full of "clubs" whereby he hits little white balls all over hell's creation, and most all of those balls land in ponds or some neighbor to the golf courses yard. He won't admit to "how much" his investment involves, all totaled, afraid his wife will find out. Bet he could build at least five 10/22 rifles with the best of parts for his investment in HIS equipment.
The other brother-in-law rides around Madison, WI on a bicycle that cost several thousand dollars. Weighs about as much as a Family size bag of Doritos. Must have been made from some of that metal from the alien spaceship that crashed near Roswell.
So, the point is, and you seem to be doing things with a deliberate pace that you determine. I do the same sort of thing as I don't always have a "final outcome plan" as how it should, or will, end up.

I decided to ask @LuckySG to cerakote this one and he checked the trigger while there: just about 3lbs. Since then, I found a lighter weight spring to throw in so I'd imagine it's sitting at 2.5ish, now.

Honestly, not too shabby for just replacing the hammer and sear. I also noticed that the KIDD trigger has a screw to control pretravel. I think I'm finally done messing with it.

End result: 1mm pretravel before the wall. ~2.5# break. No travel past the movement of the break (~1.5mm). Very clean break. Color me impressed.

I would highly recommend the Pike Arms trigger housing - having the housing come apart has made disassembly and reassembly of the trigger group a painless procedure that can be done now in 5 minutes flat. If you're playing with the trigger parts, it's the easy button.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top