JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I ended up in trades with a number of AR parts and decided to build a lower. Got an Anderson lower for $60 after the BC and bought what parts I needed for $100 more. Now PS has complete lowers for $150 plus shipping and the background check is another $20 when it gets here so price wise it's a wash.

Assembly was simple after a you tube video and other than dropping some small parts the build went fast. I think a build is worth the time if you get the parts in a good deal but PS makes some good stuff you don't have to mess with.

Both!

I've bought uppers completed as well as assembling them from parts.

I don't think I have purchased a preassemble lower though. I usually get stripped lowers and put them together.

It's pretty enjoyable knowing you put it together.

It was fun putting the lower together, I had the right tools and good work space. Those little parts are a pita for old eyes.:confused: I think next time I will use some really top grade parts, a better drop in trigger and different buffer assembly.

I put a Colt hammer and trigger assembly in that I got out of a match target. Match target has a new drop in trigger that is way better. CCMG small parts and ended up with a Colt M4 upper on it. Going to sight it in this week but set it up with an acog reflex in between the sights. Still has the removable carry handle sights.

The way prices are nowadays sometimes better the buy it...then change what you want! Ha! Have put together a couple "retro" builds last summer, fun part was scrounging the parts. Whoohoo!

Either way works. However, if you start with a bare lower, you can fill it with all the good parts you choose. Chances are, you are not going to find one built exactly how you want it. But it may be pretty close.

Wait, can I change my first answer? Holy crap, I look through the classifieds at the AR parts and pieces here and first one I see has a lot of "goodies". I scroll through the list............ Here's what I'm thinking to myself: 1. No I don't want that garbage on my rifle 2. Nah, I would never use that pos on my rifle 3. Is that even necessary? 4. Where's the ambidextrous controls (I ask myself, isn't this supposed to have all kinds of "goodies" on it???) 5.Well, that's a good trigger but it wouldn't have been my first choice 6.short barrel, damn 7.Threaded, everyone wants the end of their barrel to have threads on it now days 8.That stock WILL have to be changed out 9.Boy the grip isn't my style... After I threw everything away, all I'd have left is the take down pins...:confused:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads