JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a Hennesy Hammock for my bugout bag. I tried it out last night for the first time. It is comfortable and with a proper sleeping system is warm. I'm OK with having my pack on the ground under the hammock but question is what to do with a rifle. Anyone else plan on using a Hammock shelter? If so, what do you do with your rifle when sleeping?

Thanks,
Steve

bring your pistol in with you and use a poncho to wrap up your rifle i use the poncho to cover my pack as well. you might want to get a truck driver size window reflector you no the kind you use to keep the sun off your dash the ones that fold they work good inside your hammock to lay on they keep you a little more insulated or a military mat it keeps your back off the hammock and you keep warmer

Ahhhhh, our battalion was the Blue Devils which is why I was asking. We were one of the only units to every be named by the enemy. The actual description was those black hearted devils in baggy pants made by a german officer in his diary.

i run a dyneema line the full length (tree to tree) under my rain fly, rifle secured overhead with a couple kevlar ring hitches...works great, stays dry, and stays put yet comes out easy...but its only a 10/22 :)

I would like to know more about these hammocks. How many people here use them. How about a review compared to other hammock systems. Seems like a quality product but would like some real life testimony before purchasing one.

Anyone?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads