JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the roads are clear, I can make a fast getaway.

P8161392.JPG

Not concerned with a bug out vehicle, as you'll most likely lose yours in days or less if you aren't pre established with a decent local militia, group, or large protected convoy. They don't call it "$#iT hitting the fan" for nothing! If you are in a vehicle you are a target because you have fuel, vehicle batteries, food, supplies, and potentially females. All those things you can expect to have stolen and abducted. If you have established an off grid bug out shelter good luck getting there! I highly doubt most will make it unscathed or with their vehicles intact.

Last Edited:
Not concerned with a bug out vehicle, as you'll most likely lose yours in days or less if you aren't pre established with a decent local militia, group, or large protected convoy. They don't call it "$#iT hitting the fan" for nothing! If you are in a vehicle you are a target because you have fuel, vehicle batteries, food, supplies, and potentially females. All those things you can expect to have stolen and abducted. If you have established an off grid bug out shelter good luck getting there! I highly doubt most will make it unscathed or with their vehicles intact.
Vehicles are useful on properties - hauling firewood for example, blockades, etc.

Once my family is with me at home, if someone is trying to steal my vehicle, I have worse problems than them trying to steal the vehicle (which would be inside my shop out of sight).

Had been looking for properties but with the price of land exploding everywhere we are looking at smaller travel trailers. For different intended purposes but as long as she is willing I don't care.

In the end I think it offers a lot of flexibility. Running a stock Ram 1500.

Would be nice if they were 4x4

Spent some time riding to work in a logging crew crummy back when I was young and working as a choker setter.
Yeah, thats always a problem. As to their usefulness... well. There's always the human need to make communities, even after turning feral. Vehicles help a lot on large properties, and realistically, no human can survive long without being a part of a community, regardless of how violent, terrible it may be.

I would see the ideal solution is having a hidden away off the grid place. A trailer, whatever. As Rambo demonstrated above, yes, an on/off road bike and a big bubblegum backpack would be the best 'vehicle' to get you there. Go right through congested areas; police too busy handling their own business to care.
Leave everything behind though; easier said than done.
As an example, the Cannon Beach Tsunami drills with sirens. 89% would die. Why? The can't just run for the hills. They go to their cars and sit in gridlock everytime.

I would see the ideal solution is having a hidden away off the grid place. A trailer, whatever. As Rambo demonstrated above, yes, an on/off road bike and a big bubblegum backpack would be the best 'vehicle' to get you there. Go right through congested areas; police too busy handling their own business to care.
Leave everything behind though; easier said than done.
As an example, the Cannon Beach Tsunami drills with sirens. 89% would die. Why? The can't just run for the hills. They go to their cars and sit in gridlock everytime.
Folding electric bicycle in the trunk/cargo space of a car/SUV/pickup

Would like an electric Hummer. I would like to have my flatbed be electric if I could get enough batteries to get plenty of range, but I think that isn't happening any time soon. Battery tech is progressing, but progressing slowly. A 6x6 electric truck with individual electric motors per wheel, a range of 1K km, super capacitors for power, and really smart traction control would be ideal.

As our nation continues to decline into poverty, BS and debt the appeal of exotics for me is going down. Said by a complete car nut. Already get enough hate for my meager red sports car. People who can't buy groceries and here I come - vrooom! Sorry, but the appeal is gone. Instead I need a average, boring car that people won't eventually want to vandalize. Better yet, a van to live in when things get really bad. (Have a work van only now)
A Lexus GX470 is on the radar, but unfortunately I'm always late to the party and prices have climbed like crazy in two years.

As our nation continues to decline into poverty, BS and debt the appeal of exotics for me is going down. Said by a complete car nut. Already get enough hate for my meager red sports car. People who can't buy groceries and here I come - vrooom! Sorry, but the appeal is gone. Instead I need a average, boring car that people won't eventually want to vandalize. Better yet, a van to live in when things get really bad. (Have a work van only now)
A Lexus GX470 is on the radar, but unfortunately I'm always late to the party and prices have climbed like crazy in two years.
Cheer up Eeyore, the best times are ahead of us. The government has endless money to spend and endless people to spend it.

Edit: I am guessing I will have to trade my beater in for one of these if I want to afford to fuel it up.

oleman-powersports-bt200x-mini-bike-camo-1534047-1.jpg

If it happens I will likely make do with what I have at the time. I have always thought swiping a locomotive with a couple of freight cars would be feasible. Yes, I could operate one, grandpa showed me how, retired from southern pacific rr after 40+ years. There is so much unused remote track in this country it is ridiculous.

If it happens I will likely make do with what I have at the time. I have always thought swiping a locomotive with a couple of freight cars would be feasible. Yes, I could operate one, grandpa showed me how, retired from southern pacific rr after 40+ years. There is so much unused remote track in this country it is ridiculous.
There are some tanker cars on track near Hwy58 that have been sitting for a couple of years.

Yeah, but with switching yards/etc., could you get the train to the remote area? Are there still manual ways to switch track and if so, are they not locked to prevent just anybody from manipulating them? Then what do you do with the train once you get there?

Yeah, but with switching yards/etc., could you get the train to the remote area? Are there still manual ways to switch track and if so, are they not locked to prevent just anybody from manipulating them? Then what do you do with the train once you get there?
There was a show called Monster Garage years ago. They did crazy vehicle builds/conversions. It would have been a great conversion to see them make a locomotive street legal. I wouldn't want to have to change a tire on it or pay to fill it up but it would be something to see driving down the road.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top