JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If a true SHTF scenario hits hard and fast the much average/boring, the better. Could you imagine how long Bob and Sally will be left alone in their 200k 4x4 Sprinter? Hung out with some guys that live outside Goldendale WA about five years ago. Some require a decent 4x4 to get to their homes/trailers. One guy had a nice place with a huge barn garage and claimed it was all $140k. (Including a pool and a lot of land). But here I am in my city home, a sitting duck, oh well. Never thought I'd be content living way out in the sticks somewhere, but I could be now. Tomorrow I fill up some 20gal water barrels.

I bought a 2014 sprinter van a year and a half ago to replace my old first gen Dodge Cummins 4x4, and it's a pretty slick generic looking van, tons of room and nobody notices it! There are tons of aftermarket parts and upgrades for these, and they are very fuel efficient! Must have mods though to really get the most out of them! I did the complete set of mods, fuel programmer, throttle pedal programer, turbo intake plenum conversion, and removed the cat burner and cat! Went a little further and did a full turbo back exhaust system, and installed a locking rear diff! Power went from stock 135hp, to 220, and fuel milage went from around 22 MPG, to 28+ if I keep my foot out of it! Mines a 3500 series dually, 144 inch wheelbase high roof and has the ultra rare double sliding doors! Only thing that sucks is the unibody construction dosnt allow you to tow as much as the rig should be able, and i plan to do sub frame connectors on mine to improve it's tow rating! They make a few kits to do this, so I just need to pull the trigger on a kit and get it done!

WTF, you guys 'toopid. Click on the link
I like this one
How hard would it be to set one of these big trucks up to literally tow a single caboose or sleeper rail car around the railways? 🤔🤔

Bug-out boat
30hp diesel max burn 1/5 gal/hr (that's 175 miles on a 5 gal can of diesel), shallow draft, light to tow, easy to row, sleeps 2(3 if friendly), head, wood stove, tuff as nails, built for weather.
1634885576916.png
Ranger Tug

Albins are great little boats! Friend of mine had one with the 36hp Volvo in it. It was easy on fuel, but it ran just over 1/2 gph at about 6kts. It was the older (early '70's) hull, which had a narrow stern.

Personally, stick to a Skookum motor-sailor, and pack a CT 110 with us in case we ever feel the need to go ashore again. I like to be just over the horizon from everyone else.

Recently inherited an 02 ranger that I'm building into an overland rig that will be suitable for bugout. but in reality, my bug out vehicle is a boat.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top