JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I'm assembling a new bug out bag and I've decided to add some supplements to it. I'm thinking I'll take a women's multivitamin, estrogen, calcium magnesium, and Hydroxycut. Why not lose some extra weight when SHTF?

Any other suggestions?

Under stressful conditions, your body will be burning up nutrients so a bottle of multi vitamins could be helpful. If it's a true bug out situation I don't think that weight loss should be your biggest concern. The stress from surviving from day to day and being constantly on the move with erratic meal schedules will burn up more calories than any weight loss pills.

I'm assembling a new bug out bag and I've decided to add some supplements to it. I'm thinking I'll take a women's multivitamin, estrogen, calcium magnesium, and Hydroxycut. Why not lose some extra weight when SHTF?

Any other suggestions?
Really? Fish much? I don't take you for a bank fishing person, i figure you as a troller. What rigging do you prefer for catfish?

Like many things in life....its whats best that fits your needs , that should be taken into account.
So...
If you want to put vitamins in your bug out bag...be they Flintstone "Chewables" to any other sort...
Then go ahead...it wouldn't hurt to do so.
Andy

Ounces = pounds.

Very true and something i can attest to as a former backcountry hunter. However, proper nutrition helps carrying those pounds possible. A few ounces on some vitamins would be worthwhile. The weight loss nonsense though...nyet! Burning calories carrying a bunch of crap is a great way to lose weight!

Ounces = pounds.

Yep. Whatever OP packs, they should take it backpacking for a week!

You can muscle through the first 5 miles, or even the first day, but after that it gets rough with too much weight.

Technically a BOB is a very light and fast 1-3 day bag to get to your BUGOUT location on foot if needed. Store vitamins and rations there. If you don't have a buggout location and are heading aimlessly into the hills, that is an INCH bag (I am never coming home) and it will be loaded to the max, mainly with food, ammo, and tools. But setting out with an INCH bag is incredibly risky and a very last resort. Basically impossible if you have small kids or a useless partner. Better odds in a small group, but you will still need to hunt and fish and forage for every meal, which is going to be tough.

Most people be better off focusing on a very light and practical (shelter, food, water, navigation rather than toys) GHB (get home bag) for when they are 15-30 miles from home (a 1-3 day trip) and working on the physical fitness to cover 15 miles a day with a pack. And fortifying there residence and working with neighbors.

Start taking them NOW, don't wait till you need them and don't have them! Your body will reject most of what you take in until it gets used to having these additives, and once you run out, your going to have real issues!

When I first moved to Oregon. I had little backpacking (camping) experience. Other than hiking with a shotgun and a dozen rounds of ammo (of coarse as much water as one could carry) in the Nevada desert. I carried a ton of useless junk with me when I started venturing around in the woods of the PNW. I probably had a 60-70# pack.

If your in bad condition and need vitamins, you might have bigger issues.

If the world goes to $h!t your daily multivitamin will become a luxury.

If you are of decent health, I'd worry about other things.

Fava beans and Chianti is what I have been thinking to add to go with all that vitamin A and Iron intake.

Are there legal stimulants? I remember hearing about Ripped Fuel but I think it's illegal now? I want to be prepared to do a Aimo Koivunen situation, as his actions in WW2 turned the tide of his skirmish. If SHTF, do you think visiting pharmacies will be too high risk?

If SHTF....
It may be best to be as low key as possible...and avoid those situations where being "ripped" would be of use.

Sure do what is needed to survive the encounter...but avoidance of trouble may be the best bet super vitamins or not....
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews