Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Buffalo Bore + Glock 29 = OUCH!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, May 3, 2011.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I decided to shoot some of the camping ammo I bought the other day. It is 10mm Buffalo Bore that I bought for use in my camping gun...my Glock 29.

This stuff really showed me who is boss. I could barely keep the reins on this beast as it kicked like a mule high on crank.

See for yourself.

YouTube - Buffalo Bore + Glock 29 = Ouch!

2. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

Man, that looks brutal, I don't see an ice machine walking away from that one (you pro'lly thought that old dig was gonna die eventually didn't ya?)

Hows the G29 feel with less intense rounds? Never fired one, but a 10mm in that kinda package always sounded like a serious handful

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I feel and look the same way when I shoot my 4" Ruger Redhawk with 340 grain +P+ Buffalo Bore...

4. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

How about a KelTec P-40 with the optional .357 SIG barrel? Either one will make your hand jump in that small a package. Limp wristing NOT allowed!

For those that don't know: the P-40 was the same as a P-9 with a slide and barrel about ¼" longer. Same grip as the P-9 and very little weight difference. They quit production of the P-40 because so many were being returned as defective, yet tested fine when held correctly.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
    Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
    John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    Washington Arms Collector member
    South West Washington Arms Collector member

5. Bam

Bam Portland Member

That is nothing.

Try shooting a 700 grain .500 S&W Mag through a 4" barrel and see how you feel... a couple rounds of that and I couldn't feel my wrist for days.

6. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

That really didn't look too bad but if you say it hurt I'll take your word on it. Definitely looked stout but not too much muzzle rise and it didn't jump out of your grasp. I have never fired a 10mm but I know Buffalo Bore loads some hot rounds. Just out of curiosity, what was the grain of the bullet?

7. PlayboyPenguin

Don't be messing with my bad form. I use a modified thumbs forward on these smaller guns. I just can't hit crap if I do a high grip with the weak hand on such a short grip. I just end up with really low, loose groups and end up cut to pieces by my ring. I guess I could wear a glove to prevent that last part but that would require effort. I am usually strong enough to compensate for the flip even with the modified grip (which IS NOT a cup & saucer grip as some have said), but this ammo did not allow for that at all.

8. PlayboyPenguin

220 gr. Hard Cast - FN (1200 fps/ME 703 ft. lbs.)