JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought an M 1917 sporterized and rechambered to 300 Win Mag. This rifle is in excellent condition.
The rifle also has a scope from the period of time the gun was sporterized (1950?) a Balvar Bausch & Lomb 2.5 x 8. The scope does not have windage or elevation adjustments.
The scope is mounted in a Bueler base which has windage and elevation adjustments built in. The elevation consists of two dials with one on top of the other, the top dial being smaller than the other has minute increments and supposedly one is to click the dial by hand to adjust. Mine is froze-up.
Can anyone suggest who may repair this Bueler Micro-Dial within proximity of Portland?
Lucky for me the rifle shoots fine and is sighted in accurately, but I would like to have this functional.

I would soak it in PB blaster for a day or so first.
I had a friend long ago that had that system on 2 rifles. One scope 2 mounts. It held zero with amazing consistently, on BOTH rifles. Even from year to year sight ins. He didn't shoot alot. Just checked his zero before a hunt.
When I first saw it I said NO WAY that will work.
He proved me wrong.

Well, it's been two weeks and several applications of P Blaster Penetrating Catalyst with no result :nuts:
The good news is I have taken the rifle shooting twice and it is zero'ed in.:s0155:
Shot 165gr at 100yds laying down with 2 inch group.
Shot 165gr at 200yds benchrest/sandbag 2 inch group.
Shot 180gr at 200yds benchrest/sandbag 1 1/2 inch group.
Next I'm gonna stretch out to 300yds benchrest/sandbag.......
I still would like to have this Microdial to be operational.
Any old gunsmithes out there who might have experience with this scope mount?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top