JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a SS 16X and a 4-16 Vortex PST FFP MOA-MOA. Vortex is better glass, but 3x the price.
Primary Arms has a great rep. I've looked through/shot a few, darned nice for the price.

One that is worth consideration, and really surprised me how good it looked for the price:
Nikon Buckmaster 4-16.

Actually, I'm torn between a Bushnell and Vortex now. Both have the features I want (I don't care too much for zero stop), but the Bushnell has a better reticle (in my opinion). Though I like Vortex's etched reticle. Not sure if Bushnell does the same thing.

Last Edited:
my understanding, fee free to correct my interpretation if its wrong .

Focus becomes necessary when scope magnification exceeds 10x. At magnifications higher than 10x, the scope lens will cause the image to converge ahead of the scope reticle causing the cross hair to appear to be on target when it is not. When the scope is in this "out of focus" condition, the cross hair will move around on the target as you move your eye behind the ocular lens. This movement of the reticle while sighting is called parallax.

You know the ocular lens (closest to the eye) is properly focused when the reticle doesn't move around the target as you move your eye. Most cheap scopes suffer from parallax even at lower magnification but better scopes will have no parallax once they are properly focused by adjusting to make sure the cross hairs are as sharp as they can be, using the old technique of getting behind your gun, looking though the scope, and then looking away (to refocus your eyes) then looking back though the scope and only worrying about how crisp the reticle is, if you notice your eyes adjusting, (starts out blurry then comes into focus) you know that the eyepiece has to be set better) cause of ((parallax))

Last Edited:
I've got a SS side focus on my 10 FCP, and a Vortex Diamondback 4-12 on my Ruger. I think they're both excellent for the price. Actually, the SS is exceptional for the price.

A note on service: Both scopes were returned for issues unrelated to quality control, and both were PROMPTLY replaced at no charge.

Scope finally came in yesterday, only thing wrong with it is tiny spots when using max illumination at 12 power. Since the dots are smaller than the reticle itself I won't bother sending it in for a new one, they're a bit smaller than the period at the end of this sentence anyways.

IMG_0804.JPG

I'm stuck between a SWFA SS non-HD and a Vortex PST 2.5-10, both FFP with parallax adjustment. Which would be better? I'm just looking for glass quality, for the price. This is only temporary until I can afford a better scope. If anyone has anything else in mind I'm up for suggestions too, as long as its FFP that is mil/mil, I can do MOA/MOA also but I prefer mil over MOA.

Already have a scope mount in mind.
Hey bud.. Im just finishing up a remington 700 build.. Its a 300 win mag long range with a 26' heavy barrel. Im trying to reach out to 1200 to 1800 yards.. After a LOT of research and watching vids online I decided on the burris XTR2 in a 4-15x50.. This scope runs 850 to 1200.. I got it on amazon for 866 with free shipping.. This scope is for people who want a night force or schmidt and bender but can't afford 2000 to 4000.. This scope has japanese glass.. VERY clear. Totally water proof.. Turrets are in 1/10 mil. Comes with 3 different style reticles. I got the mildot of course.. Its first focal plane like the high end scopes and it even has an illuminated reticle.. Its also night vision compatible.. I was gonna get the SWFA SS but I scrounged up the extra 466 and for this.. It tracks PERFECT.. Out to 1800 yrd... In my opinion its every bit as good as a night force.. They are made in a Philippines.. Not china surprisingly enough.. I could not be happier.. Its very sturdy too.. And they have a forever warranty./. I would check it out..here is some vids.. This is the best "budget" scope u can get imo

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top