JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm stuck between a SWFA SS non-HD and a Vortex PST 2.5-10, both FFP with parallax adjustment. Which would be better? I'm just looking for glass quality, for the price. This is only temporary until I can afford a better scope. If anyone has anything else in mind I'm up for suggestions too, as long as its FFP that is mil/mil, I can do MOA/MOA also but I prefer mil over MOA.

Already have a scope mount in mind.

Here is a good place.

CL can have deals occasionally.

Go look online at cabelas or sportsmans and search scopes by price - you generally get what you pay for so look at the higher end scopes and who makes them.

Amazon has sales sometimes and can be a quick source for comparing what the price would be to buy it online.

Go look online at cabelas or sportsmans and search scopes by price - you generally get what you pay for so look at the higher end scopes and who makes them.
Well, any idea on what higher end scopes? I'm already at the point where I'm not even going to bother if its less than $600 (even though a friend thinks $600 is expensive >.>).

Check out primary arms website and their scope product line. Lots of really price minded options that work extremely well.

+1 on primaryarms. Between the two (swfa and vortex), after years of lurking on the sniperhide and etc, its generally accepted that the non-variable line is the best you can get for low $. I had a 10X SWFA that was nearly as clear as my Sightron s3; just sans the ability to adjust mag. Actually just had a convo with my brother, about ten minutes ago, on the very same subject and he ordered a 10X with side focus (the reason I got rid of mine was the focus was in the bell).

PrimaryArms however, is a hell of a company and they are very particular with their suppliers - I almost did an internship with them down in Texas last summer (but.. texas...). Where they are great is they get the same products as lower lines of high end companies, but sell cheaper and have some of the best service around. Seriously, some of their bubblegum rolls off the same lines as the big boys which is why they are out of stock often; their orders are 2cd to the higher volume ordering co's. I saw they just came with a high end model, I am going to see if I can get myself one of them ;)

I looked at primary arms, the only one with the power settings I'm looking for was around $300, not sure how it would hold up with how rough I can be with my scopes though. :/

Now that I think about it, anyone have any experience with Valdada IOR scopes? I figure I can just shell out a few extra hundred dollars and get that instead of the Vortex of SWFA, if its any good.

I looked at primary arms, the only one with the power settings I'm looking for was around $300, not sure how it would hold up with how rough I can be with my scopes though. :/

I've beet the crap out of there red dots. If that's anything. I have 2, and 2 that are factory direct Holosuns. One PAs is on a beater 10-22 that I hike with. Let's just say if it comes between me falling or the gun, it falls first.

I wouldn't be surprised if those companies that still have China make there scopes, think vortex, are made side by side with PA scopes.

I only have one of their magnified optics. It has the oracle reticle, which is awesome by the way. I haven't dropped it or anything, but I'm not carrying it around on my rifle like a newborn or anything.

Then again my version of a budget scope is around the 2-3 hundred dollar range, but if any of this helps, cool.

Check at least 10 web-sites to create a poduct mosaic...

Consider opticsplanet.com, midwayusa.com, and cheaperthandirt.com for 3 of the web-sites....

The web-sites with the largest inventory and the most reviews are the most industrious choices (to see what is out there) before narrowing down to best price and availability.

Addendum; if this scope is for an AR with a flat top, consider an A2 carry handle as an interim sight. We were knocking down e type silhouettes at 300 meters with the M4s and A2 carry handle.

Primary Arms has awesome cs and will stand by their products. Its kind of how they have become so popular, and the reason I was interested in them for my internship. I have only had about 3 of their red dots, but when one shut off (they are cheap, should be expected now and again) all willy nilly they replaced it no questions asked.

Well, if I can't get a Valdada IOR I'll get SWFA 3-9 SS HD. Variable is a must since it'll also be for hunting. FFP not a must but really nice to have.

Depends how low power, Vortex does has their Crossfire II models 1-4, I have one on an AR and another on a .300BLK Rem 700. (no sense in a crazy expensive scope on a 0-200yd gun)

Actually, I was going to get a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32mm FFP. The SWFA didn't have an adjustable parallax. This is for my .308. Still have two cheaper scopes for my 5.56, though they're just for looks since I prefer the iron sights on that one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top