JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or maybe a super quiet integrally suppressed upper would be neat to have, or you want to go hunting in Pennsylvania or Delaware where they don't allow semi's, or (and my favorite!) just because!

More like he wants to see cheaper options for ARs in ban states, that complies with the "letter" of the laws in these ban states...

Never mind that several states name ARs as models requiring registration and proscribed :rolleyes:
OP essentially says what I said in post #39. So when you need a semi, you can have a semi

Or maybe a super quiet integrally suppressed upper would be neat to have, or you want to go hunting in Pennsylvania or Delaware where they don't allow semi's, or (and my favorite!) just because!
There are numerous reasons and being able to legally buy a mil spec lower when there isn't another legal way to do so is prime among them.

More like he wants to see cheaper options for ARs in ban states, that complies with the "letter" of the laws in these ban states...

Never mind that several states name ARs as models requiring registration and proscribed :rolleyes:
This wouldn't be an AR15 it would be an MR15. Totally different model, not a copy of an existing banned model.

Something I worked on for a Kalifornia compliant, but they worded the law to exclude it. Remove the bolt catch plunger and spring from the normal location. Install a modified plunger and spring under the catch. It functions like a "last round bolt hold open" (LRBHO) on every shot. Use a BAD lever to release the bolt with your trigger finger. Reversible mod. fast cycling.

Something I worked on for a Kalifornia compliant, but they worded the law to exclude it. Remove the bolt catch plunger and spring from the normal location. Install a modified plunger and spring under the catch. It functions like a "last round bolt hold open" (LRBHO) on every shot. Use a BAD lever to release the bolt with your trigger finger. Reversible mod. fast cycling.
I think I remember that on Calguns.

Most people who buy ARs want something that will be able to send multiple shots downrange as quickly as possible. If you're adapting the platform for manual operation, the bolt action is the easiest to produce but least marketable option. You will most likely see greater success with pump and lever action versions. The Troy is spendy because it's a niche product right now. I'm sure someone could come up with a pump action AR platform for under $500 - just look at the numerous 870 clones out there.

Even if it can't be easily converted back to a semiauto, it would still be a formidable weapon. Same if someone could find a way to design a mag-fed lever gun. And if all changes are based around the upper, you could technically swap uppers with a semi when rule of law breaks down and people are too busy surviving to care about what you have.

mag-fed lever gun.
Browning Lever Rifle, Savage Model 99, Henry Long Ranger.. Henry-LR-Main.jpg Savage-Model-99-770.jpg 61393.jpg

Most people who buy ARs want something that will be able to send multiple shots downrange as quickly as possible. If you're adapting the platform for manual operation, the bolt action is the easiest to produce but least marketable option. You will most likely see greater success with pump and lever action versions. The Troy is spendy because it's a niche product right now. I'm sure someone could come up with a pump action AR platform for under $500 - just look at the numerous 870 clones out there.

Even if it can't be easily converted back to a semiauto, it would still be a formidable weapon. Same if someone could find a way to design a mag-fed lever gun. And if all changes are based around the upper, you could technically swap uppers with a semi when rule of law breaks down and people are too busy surviving to care about what you have.
You could do the same as I did for my straight pull pistol but drill out the gas tube hole in the upper and put the arm out the front for a pump action. Using the m lok slots on a handguard would keep it free floated too. I have plans for a pump action integrally suppressed 458 Socom in the future.

You could do the same as I did for my straight pull pistol but drill out the gas tube hole in the upper and put the arm out the front for a pump action. Using the m lok slots on a handguard would keep it free floated too. I have plans for a pump action integrally suppressed 458 Socom in the futfuture
That's a neat idea - kinda want to try and build one now just for the heck of it.

I'd be all in for an AR converted to a true free foot pump action. As long as the price wasn't as much as two normal AR's. I really enjoy pumps and levers, more so than semi or bolt. I ain't no fudd though:D as have a very balanced collection.

They aren't doing manual loaders yet but some other cool product lines are coming out soon.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top