JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dont know if this thread already exists but I would like to start a thread just based around budget gear. Got any videos or pictures of any? Here is one piece of gear I feel is great for the money. Check it out. Also please share some more gear that everyone can check out.
Affiliate link to Multi tool:
http://amzn.to/2CuaoYV

Last Edited:
So far I really like my cheap Enlan EL-04 with BCr13Mov steel blade, cost me less than $15 shipped. I like the sliding blade lock similar to a Benchmade, but it did take some breaking in. Blade holds a good edge, I even used it as a scraper, and didn't roll the edge. I bought it because I don't want to lose my good Buck knives, the way I did my old Gerber. I'd recommend it if you want a good cheap Chinese made knife that you won't cry over if you lose or break it.
Gabby

For a hunting rifle or HD shotgun sling, I can't complain about the Butler Creek Mountain Sling. Its 1 1/4 inch nylon with sling swivels and a tacky strip that keeps the gun from sliding off your shoulder. Works great as a hasty sling for shooting.

07929155-C5A7-411D-8F79-CDACA521C847.jpeg

I have a few of these haha
Pretty much every rifle I get these will be the first sling I use then I eventually get a nicer one. Im really in the market for one of Magpul slings

If its money that you're looking to save, find whatever it is you're looking for and look on eBay for a used version of it. Once in a while you can really score. At least that way if it turns out that it's really not what you wanted at least you didn't pay retail for it. Plus, you could always flip it back on eBay.

Remember, you get what you pay for!

However, this is kind of a golden age of the availability of less expensive gear that is quite to very good! Kershaw imports folding knives from China that are a good value. They are sharp, take a good edge easily and hold that edge! I keep small packs for others, my soldiers, ;) and each one has a Chinese Kershaw aboard. YMMV!

For knives and more check out
smkw.com
they have some great deals, I just got my catalog
in the mail and they have a pretty good sale going on.
CRKT & Kershaw folders cheap. MINI Griptilian for $89.25
Gabby
Nope I'm not affiliated with them in any way
other than being a customer.

Last Edited:
If its money that you're looking to save, find whatever it is you're looking for and look on eBay for a used version of it. Once in a while you can really score. At least that way if it turns out that it's really not what you wanted at least you didn't pay retail for it. Plus, you could always flip it back on eBay.
Absolutely. I found my wife on eBay.

jk

Budget gear, speaking my language!

+1 more for the knives by Morakniv. They are awesome knives and you can't beat the cost/benefit ratio of these, IMO.

I got this one on one of those Amazon Lightening Deals for $13.99 and added to my GHB.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BO9G1W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I use one of these as my go-to utility/meat cutting knife in the kitchen.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EAL0ZS2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Love these lanterns! I bought one of the four packs for the home, and then two more that was promptly opened up handed out to family one at a time. At about $5 a piece, and they come with batteries, I couldn't help myself.
https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Por...=8-3&keywords=led+collapsible+camping+lantern

My GHB. I bought mine on sale a few years ago. Half the price, or less, of many name brands and is very well made. I love mine, and it is on clearance now.
MidwayUSA Bravo Tactical Backpack Black - MPN: 986776

And, I have to mention that today is the last day of Bi-Marts sale offering $20 off any .22 or .17 rifle. I didn't need another .22 but couldn't resist picking up a Marlin Model 60 yesterday. That was my first rifle way back when. I have had several others over the years, get rid of them, and then regret it. I paid $139.97 for mine yesterday. Sweet deal for a very nice, simple, but accurate and reliable .22 rifle. I will hold on to this one and pass on to my grandson........

Thrift shops and pawn shops out in rural communities can be great places to find good steel knives for budget prices.. I found a Buck knife one time.. the Skinner model I think, and a couple Providence R.I. US made hunting knives, one with carbon steel blade, and the other with stainless, both kept their edges very well. Paid something like a hundred or less for all 3 together. Also picked up a decent ax at a flea market, sharpened it myself, its my go to woods ax. Sometimes for toting mags and gear, surplus military gear works awesome, with the exception of the Hi Point 995's Redball 20rd mags, which are rather.. strangely shaped to say the nicest... boomerang shaped, no one makes specific gear for thosr mags, so I make the gear for them myself. On one hand, that is cheap as its my own time and labor, and I just pay for cost of materials..
On the other, its not so cheap for customers because I'm the only game around for that specific mag gear. Although some Combloc surplus pouches can work, and Tactical Tailors large utility pouches are effective for dump pouches, they dont hold them as securely as I'd like.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top