JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need to replace my binos, I have a set of Leupold Wind River Cascades 10x42's that I've had for years, and should have returned right after I got them :mad:. No matter what I do, I can't get a clear, crisp view, and as my eyes have continued to age, it's gotten worse. And before anyone asks, yes, I know how to adjust them for my eyes, these just don't work for me.

So I'm looking for something in the $200-300 range, 10x42, with good clarity and definition. These will spend most of the time hanging on a hook in my office and will be used to get a closer look at birds and other critters around my place. They may also go to the range occasionally as a short range spotting scope. In other words, casual use, I'm not going to be packing them around, glassing the hills for game. Appreciate any suggestions WITHIN MY STATED PRICE RANGE, telling me I need to spend more money isn't going to be helpful :rolleyes:. Thanks, guys.

Dave

I would give these a go

I have two of their rifle scopes now and you won't find better glass for the money. Japanese hd/ed glass with a no questions asked warranty. I put my Riton scope next to a swarovski z5 I have and it compared very favorably. Riton is vetran owned and based in AZ.

Last Edited:
Thanks, guys. My current pair of Leupold's have soured me on that brand, and I never drank the Koolaid re: their scopes, either :rolleyes:. The Ritons are interesting, but I rely on reviews to get a feel for stuff, and they have none, so that makes them a pretty expensive crap shoot in my book. I've decided to go with a pair of Nikon ProStaff 7s, I've always been impressed with Nikon glass, even on their base model ProStaff scopes, and at just under $200 out the door, I figure it's worth the gamble. If I don't like them, Amazon is really good about returns. Will post my impression when they arrive, should be later this week. Thanks again.

Dave

A lot of those reviews look like they were written by non-native English speakers :rolleyes:. That said, I'll give them a look if the Nikons don't work out, thanks.

Dave

I was born a natural born skeptic and it has mostly served me well. I rarely rely solely on strangers reviews. My willingness to mention and try the riton binocs for myself at some point, stems mostly from my positive experience with their rifle scopes. I think they mostly overbuild their stuff, use great glass and stand behind their product. Time will tell but I think riton will become a known name and not for the wrong reasons.

The Ritons are interesting, but I rely on reviews to get a feel for stuff
You shouldn't take reviews seriously, they get edited. I left a very honest but critical review lately on amazon and they rejected it. So as to not mess with their 5 star rating. That action made me realize that reviews are literally worth LESS than the paper they are written on, and they aren't even written on paper anymore, LOL

Vangaurd. I bought pair on a whim a few years ago. There have been several write up's on them in hunting magazines. They are awesome. I bought another pair just to have as a back up. I have the Endeaver HD 10x42. Everyone is amazed when they look trough them.

I've got the Redfield Rebel.
Very clear, but heavy with it's metal frame.
Vortex would be another to consider in the budget class.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top