JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
also any insight on the plum crazy versions of the ar lowers. i have never seen or heard from anyone who built a composite ar and wasn't sure how that is. is there a weight difference? performance? it seems very cheesy to me, but i may be wrong
For a plinker it will work fine. They have issues, and some will say they are crap, but you get what you pay for IMO.
I have one that seems just fine. I have NOT used it to any extent though, so time will tell.

So, I was thinking. To drum up some more interest in this build I thought we could turn it in to a contest with a couple different categorys.

Best build; who has the sexiest rifle (remember,furniture is optional).
cheapest build: you will need reciepts for this one.
scrap yard: build using parts from exsisting builds you have.
bastard child: build a rifle using parts from as many different manufacturer s as possible.
best shot: who has the best shooter.

Im open to ideas for catagorys so hit me up on what you think.
I will also see if I can find some sponsers so you guys can get some prizes for your work.

Sound like a plan?

For a plinker it will work fine. They have issues, and some will say they are crap, but you get what you pay for IMO.
I have one that seems just fine. I have NOT used it to any extent though, so time will tell.

Do the Plum Crazy lowers accept a standard AR FCG? I've read they do and also do not??? I've considered a plum crazy for a ultra light SBR/pistol build.

This is a great thread i would like to join this build off. The thought of a AR that I am not worried about scratching is a great idea. If any one see good deals online for parts during the day lets post them to help one another out.

Surplus ammo lowers are made by Aero also. I've done 3 so far with them, good to go. Some 'M' revision Pmags are tight in the magwell tho & will not drop free.

I'm in! It feels weird writing good and cheap in the same sentence but where are the good cheap barrels - is there such a thing. Group buys?
I have wanted to build one for a while and with money going in several directions right now its gotta be cheap.

Bow: Garg can get us M4 barrels for 90.00 ea. But we need to buy in a lot of 10. I don't know if those are surplus/overruns or parked.
That would seem to be a pretty good deal to me.
redgixxxer and littlet: welcome to the fun. You names will be added to list.

FYI: over in the group buy section is a group buy on "Mega" brand AR parts. Go to the mega machines site and check their catalog. Find what you want and PM "Yooper time" for info on the group rate discount. Its my understanding that this is a smokin deal.

Bow: Garg can get us M4 barrels for 90.00 ea. But we need to buy in a lot of 10. I don't know if those are surplus/overruns or parked.
That would seem to be a pretty good deal to me.
redgixxxer and littlet: welcome to the fun. You names will be added to list.

FYI: over in the group buy section is a group buy on "Mega" brand AR parts. Go to the mega machines site and check their catalog. Find what you want and PM "Yooper time" for info on the group rate discount. Its my understanding that this is a smokin deal.

Actually, anyone can. Pinkhammer pointed us to this site. AR 15 BARRELS
900 for 10 barrels. Look like non chrome lined though.
But for 90 each, I am sure they would work fine.
If we only get qty 5, they would be 100 each. Or 125 each in singles. Still all pretty good deals.
There is a guy I know (semi local) that may match these prices, I would have to talk to him about it.

If you're looking for some good prices Palmetto State Armory has good deals. Ammunition, Magazines, Rifle Parts, Bulk Ammo and Rifle Accessories - Palmetto State Armory Lower parts kits as low as $49, lower build kits for $99. They have some very slow shipping but the customer service is very good, shipping is priced reasonably (hence the slow shipping), and they make great parts.

Prices are decent but looks like they are out of stock on most of the good stuff.

IDK if I'd like to be included in the build off or not but I may be game. I was looking at the group buy for the Mega Arms parts. That's what's inspired me to try this now. They're a little more than the Aero stuff listed but that's not figuring shipping/handling/transfer fees/back ground checks on the Aero. Anybody know if the Mega stuff is equal to or better than the Aero? I'd just be looking at the forged lower and upper, not the higher priced billet stuff. My goals are that I know I want an AR/ I am horrible at saving money so buying parts a bit at a time is much easier for me to budget/ I don't want to get inferior quality though, just inexpensive good value/ I'd like to keep costs just about as low as possible for the complete rifle/ I think doin' it myself would be fun. Is it reasonable to think that doing it myself and buying things a few parts at a time I can come up with a whole rifle that is equal to or better than an inexpensive production rifle for the same or less money?

I'd be interested in a $90 bbl if that's a good price on a good product...

Thanks,
Bryan

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews