JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have always been intrigued by the black gun. I had one in 308 but tied so much money into it, that it was ridiculous... So with a budget of $500 without optics I started my quest for the plinker AR in 223.

Six months later I complete the rifle and here is the breakdown...
Plumbcrazy lower- All polymer, except for springs- $125
Used Bushmaster upper- I was eyeing a DPMS but this one came up- $350

So for $475 I have a AR-15. I took it to the range not expecting the results that I got. With Wolf I got 1 1/2" groups. With my standard AR reload I got 3/4" group.

So I gotta add a pitch for the Plumbcrazy lower. This thing is truly cool. All parts are interchangeable with standard mil-spec parts, with the exception of the take down pins. It is all polymer, internal parts and all. The trigger feels better than the two other AR's we had at the range that day and it got better the more rounds we threw down range.

I got the lower from brad691 at J & B Firearm Sales, it was a great experience.

And threads are worthless without pics, so here it is...
DSCN0117.jpg

nate

Cool post. I saw in another thread how you could buil an AR for 500. Of course the thread was an AR vs AK battle... Its cool to see how you actually did it.

Here is my plum crazy gun I have got the lower and upper also from J&B Firearms
It's a plum crazy lower and cmmg 16 inch bull barrel for under 600 compete gun with out mag and optics
03618a4f.jpg
topped with a tru glo 2x42 red dot 4 now it was a cheap 47 dollar one thanks to dicks sporting goods

Hey there i am waiting to receive my Plum Crazy lower at the end of this month, I am pairing it with an upper i just got from the Rose City gun show this last weekend. Will post pics when its put together! Happy shooting everyone!

I contacted Brad about buying a Plum Crazy lower from him, but finals got in the way and now I think he is sold out.

when I talked to him, I actually talked him into selling the one he had on display, only to be delayed by the ATF. he is supposed to get some in at the end of this month.
I am looking forward to getting mine in.

I bought one of these from Brad as well, only to get delayed by our good friends at the BATFE. But on a happier note, I will be picking it up today. It's kinda cool since two of my buddies and I now have consecutive serial numbered lowers. And Brad is delivering it to me since he is coming out to Hillsboro today for business. He is a great guy to work with.

I just completed a carbine for my gal.. I have a lot more in it than $500, great deal you put together there for yourself!

The wholesale price on her Eotech was more than $500 :cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top