Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Budget AR-15 Build- Plumbcrazy

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by bignate, Feb 1, 2011.

1. bignate

bignate Oregon Member

I have always been intrigued by the black gun. I had one in 308 but tied so much money into it, that it was ridiculous... So with a budget of $500 without optics I started my quest for the plinker AR in 223.

Six months later I complete the rifle and here is the breakdown...
    Plumbcrazy lower- All polymer, except for springs- $125
    Used Bushmaster upper- I was eyeing a DPMS but this one came up- $350

So for $475 I have a AR-15. I took it to the range not expecting the results that I got. With Wolf I got 1 1/2" groups. With my standard AR reload I got 3/4" group.

So I gotta add a pitch for the Plumbcrazy lower. This thing is truly cool. All parts are interchangeable with standard mil-spec parts, with the exception of the take down pins. It is all polymer, internal parts and all. The trigger feels better than the two other AR's we had at the range that day and it got better the more rounds we threw down range.

I got the lower from brad691 at J & B Firearm Sales, it was a great experience.

And threads are worthless without pics, so here it is...
    DSCN0117.jpg

nate

2. NUCLEARMJ

NUCLEARMJ Lafayette/Hillsboro Member

Thanks for the post, i just picked up a plumcrazy lower and currently looking for an upper so thanks for more reasurrance, ive heard good things about these lowers

3. OR_VARMINT_HUNTER

OR_VARMINT_HUNTER Banks,OREGON Member

This is a good post being I also have just bought to plum lowers from brade961

4. cyclesurvival

cyclesurvival Vancouver Well-Known Member

I think I,m going shooting sunday so I will post and let you know if I like it or not. Thanks again Brad

5. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

Chanting .....Brad Brad Brad!

Still can't leave feedback, grrrrr

6. olydemon

olydemon Olympia Active Member

Cool post. I saw in another thread how you could buil an AR for 500. Of course the thread was an AR vs AK battle... Its cool to see how you actually did it.

7. OR_VARMINT_HUNTER

Here is my plum crazy gun I have got the lower and upper also from J&B Firearms
    It's a plum crazy lower and cmmg 16 inch bull barrel for under 600 compete gun with out mag and optics
    03618a4f.jpg
    topped with a tru glo 2x42 red dot 4 now it was a cheap 47 dollar one thanks to dicks sporting goods

8. lazerblazer

lazerblazer Portland Active Member

Hey there i am waiting to receive my Plum Crazy lower at the end of this month, I am pairing it with an upper i just got from the Rose City gun show this last weekend. Will post pics when its put together! Happy shooting everyone!

9. TReed20

TReed20 Portland, OR New Member

Ditto!

10. m469699

m469699 Beaverton Member

Do the magazines fall out of this plastic lower, or do you have to pull them out? Is there a difference if the mags are plastic or aluminum?

11. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

Nice budget build...congrats!

12. Brown

Brown Saint Helens Member

I contacted Brad about buying a Plum Crazy lower from him, but finals got in the way and now I think he is sold out.

13. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

I got one as well this weekend, waiting for it to get approved by the %$&#*&^ ATF. I was delayed...hope it comes in soon!

14. sandman1212

when I talked to him, I actually talked him into selling the one he had on display, only to be delayed by the ATF. he is supposed to get some in at the end of this month.
    I am looking forward to getting mine in.

15. Brown

Brown Saint Helens Member

Goor to know, thank you.

16. billybear

billybear Washougal, WA. New Member

Want to buy, please call 360/601-3094. Bill

17. sandman1212

No problem, I would contact him on the 28th or so, I think that is when he said that he would be getting more in.

18. OR_VARMINT_HUNTER

There very nice I have used metal and plastic mags both work good

19. fordf1004x4

fordf1004x4 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

I bought one of these from Brad as well, only to get delayed by our good friends at the BATFE. But on a happier note, I will be picking it up today. It's kinda cool since two of my buddies and I now have consecutive serial numbered lowers. And Brad is delivering it to me since he is coming out to Hillsboro today for business. He is a great guy to work with.

20. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I just completed a carbine for my gal.. I have a lot more in it than $500, great deal you put together there for yourself!

The wholesale price on her Eotech was more than $500 :cool: