JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife wants an authentic-looking stamped Kalashnikov in x39 with wood furniture - mostly for the aesthetic reason.
However, while she doesn't want to spend more than $700, she doesn't want a wall hanger.
Does anyone have personal experience with VSKA 7.62 x 39 ?

I have lost my hope finding decent quality AK-style rifle here, in the US, years ago. So I am not familiar with what is currently available on a market.
All feedbacks will be highly appreciated!

Please dont get a VSKA especially at $750. Spend a hundred fifty more and get a real akm that you will be proud of. Arsenal (10) saiga, norinco. If I was going to go $500 range I would go yugo or wasr10. All these imported AKs use real metal front trunions/bolts etc that are time tested on full auto guns. Century arms commercial AKs deff dont have that going for them. It's like if a colt 6920 or a sig 516 was $150 more than a bear creak arsenal or a diamondback 15....

Dont even get me started on headspace issues....
I understand that there have been some issues with the vska, but there isn't a ton of documentation or very many reviews available. It actually seems easier to find documentation of positive feedback. Can you link me to negative reviews that aren't from yeager or Mac channel?
Granted, us made AK rifles have a poor reputation, and I don't mean to seem confrontational.

I think its qc issue tbh.
I'm hopeful for mine. Haven't picked it up yet, but will be soon. If I listened to all reviews, I wouldn't have my Ruger ar556 and it's probably my nicest and best functioning rifle in that platform. On the other end of that spectrum, my most problematic pistol has been a Glock (did see a YouTube vid where a g30s similar to mine blew up in a guys hand!). It's fixed now, but goes to show not all reviews are worth reading, or at least should be taken at face value.

From what I know, only WASR-10 have hard chrome-lined bores.
For me it's critical, because I want to shoot cheap Russian steel jacketed ammo. Not chrome-lined bores will be eaten quickly by harder steel alloy.

I've got newer 2018 WASR-10 with all matched numbers on receiver, bolt, carrier, dust cover, even gas tube (yeah, that's insane!); bubblegumty wood and canted front sight.
Tight groups, no failures - runs like any AK should.
I already straightened canted sight with dead blow hammer and piece of 2x4.
I am planning to replace wood furniture with oldish laminated furniture eventually.
Cosmetically WASR-10 are not the top notch, but mechanically are reliable trench weapons.

No one that I know.
What about PSAK-47?
As for the psak... I have a little experience with the gen 2 and am getting a gen 3. I have mixed feelings on them as the gen 2 was good, but my front trunnion cracked and cracked my feed ramp. I sent it in on February 7th and will possibly have it back this week. Their customer service was terrible and I am hesitant to have an ak from PSA ever again due to the fact that if it breaks I have to send it in because I can't work in an AK. Once I got ahold of someone higher up in the customer service line at the end of April, they're hooking me up with a brand new gen 3 because of how crappy the prior service I received was. If you get a psak I would be cautious. If you want a brand new gen 3 I will sell mine for like new price at 600 when I get it in.