JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
take pics the finish wasnt the greatest on those to begin with...you can always use that as a barganing point

Wasrs are factory built romanian guns with chrome lined barrels, but the were imported as single stack guns. Century hogged out the magwells to fit the double stack mags. As long as there isnt too much wobble they are fine.

Also, another local store has VSKA for $640.

So now I am on the fence:
1. CAI N-PAP with fixed stock, $750
2. CAI Hungarian underfolder, $750
3. CAI USA VSKA, $640
View attachment 570895
Not even a hard decision, the first one. The second one is a kit build so its hit or miss, last one is CAI made.
Wasrs are factory built romanian guns with chrome lined barrels, but the were imported as single stack guns. Century hogged out the magwells to fit the double stack mags. As long as there isnt too much wobble they are fine.
They at least got the magwell cut down decently, earlier 10/63s need to be checked for mag wobble.

The VSKA supposedly is using forged parts(ie. front trunnion), but SEE: my first sentence again.
Tool steel, and cast bolt carrier.
Brandon Herrera (one of the Youtube AK guys) documented 6,000 rounds through a VSKA and while there was some peening and deformation on the locking lugs it still passed headspace checks which is more than can be said for the RAS-47's. Personally I'd probably hold out for a parts-kit AK or cruise some local stores on the off chance they have something nice, but it appears that the VSKA would probably be fine for at least 6k rounds.
On the other hand CAI's number 1 shill Yaeger had headspacint issues so... Hit or miss and I'd rather not find out later down the road.

$650? Get it, and get it now. Especially if it has a bayo lug and brake. Wasrs never were pretty, they're the rifle that works and doesn't let you down.
No lug, no brake.
I pass.
9851993_02_romarm_cugir_romanian_wasr_10__640.jpg
9851993_07_romarm_cugir_romanian_wasr_10__640.jpg
9851993_03_romarm_cugir_romanian_wasr_10__640.jpg

Last Edited:
Palmetto has AK's with magpul furniture (wood also, but why?) for $600 when on sale. Their latest offering has a forged carrier, lifetime warranty as well. Their pistol with brace version is SWEET! Rifle versions are also available.

Another local store has used WASR-10 for $650, but it looks crappy.
I am leaning toward VSKA wich comes with CAI limited lifetime warranty.

Not sure how you are about using Gunbroker...but here's a few examples of what's currently available for auction there (around your price range).

The WASR 10 is new production, I got one of those with the darker wood(instead of the blonde) a couple years ago when gunbuyer had 'em on sale for $529 shipped. The NIB WASR 10s are pretty tight, better QC than the older 10/63s(potentially canted sights/mag-wobble etc.)

One seriously can't go wrong with a WASR. Yeah, it might not have the collectability factor of a pre-ban, nor the fit or finish of an Arsenal, but that's pretty much what all one is paying extra for with an Arsenal. They both reliably go "bang" and send lead down range.

Century Arms WASR-10 NEW! 7.62x39 w/sling - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 809489675

Norinco MAK-90 AK-47 - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 809215801

Romanian Romarm SAR-1 AK-47 AK47 7.62x39 Rifle - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 802788667

ROMANIAN SAR 1 AK-47 No Reserve 7.62x39 - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 808711002

No.. no.. no VISKA.

Buy a Wasr or maybe a palmetto state armory PSAK47 version 2 or 3.

The VISKA doesn't have a side rail for mounting optics and it's a century product. "Century Arms kinda sucks". The only thing I would buy from them would be an import. IF they didn't touch it.

You should be able to pick up a Wasr 10 just around $700 and or a PSA for just under $600.

No VISKA... NO... NO.. NO..

Spend a few bills extra and pickup an arsenal, and you should be good to go :) Your wife will thank you ;)
Few yeras ago my brother-in-law got a Saiga, molested by Arsenal.
It's no better than WASR, came with canted front sight too.
QC of Izhmas is also below expectations. I have talked to the people from there. From what they have told me it sounds like another CAI branch.
So, I already got a WASR yesterday.
It's 2018 production.
$575 OTD - used/like new. The bolt shows no signs of wear.
It came with two Magpul and two steel milsurp magz, Soviet sling, cleaning rod, original box, CAI manual and 120 rds of Tula.
Canted front sight, of course, otherwise it wouldn't be a real WASR, lol!
Apparently this is why the original owner has decided to sell it: he has tried to zero it and probably gave up after he pushed the front post all way down to the right.
No biggie, and I already fixed it.
Can't wait to shoot it today!
Happy Easter to all gunners!
9D044EF9-8ECD-4642-AD24-0AC9556E3EB8.jpeg 8D9C89F7-52A1-410A-A443-9B37BA068822.jpeg C8AC5166-E94A-4D35-A3E3-F665D382B02E.jpeg

Last Edited: