JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,
My name is Mitch. As you might tell by my tag name I love my country and love everything freedom. I grew up in eastern Washington, grew up around hunting and fishing and playing outdoors. My dad is a huge gun collector and has lots of hunting rifles and cool historical pieces like revolvers and older unique rifles.
At 20 i joined the army and served my 4yrs, most of it stationed at Arlington National cemetery. It was very meaningful and sobering to me but i am proud of that.
Anyway, thanks to this forum i just picked up my third personal firearm and i think I'm going to like it here!
I own a Para Ordnance Commander 1911 i bought in I think 2015 when i was stationed in Virginia
Also I own a Bushmaster AR15 purchased in 2016 while attending automotive school in Arizona
And most recently I just purchased a Glock G26 and am about to go get my concealed carry permit back as my last one expired.
As an off topic note I work in the automotive field and am a bigger gearhead than i am a gun buff, so you may see me in off topic automotive discussions of they pop up in the off topic area.
Take care!

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

Automotive enthusiasts have many choices in the Vancouver/Portland metro area when it comes to car meets. I volunteer with Portland Cars and Coffee. Any particular marquee or type of car? I've got a '93 Ranger that I'm setting up for overlanding.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome to the club Mitch.

On a side note....I got this squeak in my Toyota...it sounds like it's coming from the rear axle......or maybe the front brakes. It only happens in the morning unless I'm driving at night, and when I turn the stereo up, the squeak seems to go away. I tried to change out the brake light fluid, but couldn't find a left handed screwdriver. Think you can help me out here?

Hello Mitch. Welcome from the gun-totin' old broad contingent.

Thanks for your service. My parents were buried in Arlington. Every aspect of those ceremonies and how everyone there deals with families of the departed are deeply meaningful and comforting.

Carol

Last Edited:
Welcome to the club Mitch.

On a side note....I got this squeak in my Toyota...it sounds like it's coming from the rear axle......or maybe the front brakes. It only happens in the morning unless I'm driving at night, and when I turn the stereo up, the squeak seems to go away. I tried to change out the brake light fluid, but couldn't find a left handed screwdriver. Think you can help me out here?
Be careful, most people will jump straight to either the front or rear muffler bearings for a diagnosis on this one, but I have come across this type situation many times and its most likely going to be your crank bearing electrical harness. Good luck!

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

Automotive enthusiasts have many choices in the Vancouver/Portland metro area when it comes to car meets. I volunteer with Portland Cars and Coffee. Any particular marquee or type of car? I've got a '93 Ranger that I'm setting up for overlanding.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

[Edit- We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests] - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

I am a Nissan sports car enthusiast, I have a 1989 Nissan 240sx that i have formerly used as a track car and my daily driver is a Nissan 350z. I wish i had the space to own dozens of cars though.

I do love the idea of shooting on public lands versus paying at the range, and it's important we don't trash the land when we do it.

Hello Mitch. Welcome from the gun-totin' old broad contingent.

Thanks for your service. My parents were buried in Arlington. Every aspect of those ceremonies and how everyone there deals with families of the departed are deeply meaningful and comforting.

Carol
It is still one of the most beautiful places i have been to. A great place to be placed to rest. We have some great nature around here in the NW but the effort put towards maintaining and curating the grounds there is hard to rival anywhere.

About the "budding"...
Reminds me of the advice often given to would-be science fiction writers. That's okay. But do it in the closet and wash your hands after.

photo_20598.jpg

Welcome to thunderdome, Mitch!

Welcome to NWFA and thank you for your service. :)

I'll have to hit up you "gear heads" for any hints/tips/tricks i can do to my wife's RCF to make it a little more fun. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top