JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never used a buckmark. I don't doubt that they are easier to take down than the Ruger as ANYTHING is. I have a MKIII Hunter and LOVE it. There are a lot of folks that like the MKII better as it doesn't have some of the safety features (mag must be inserted, chamber loaded indicator, safety lock). All the MK versions are built like a tank and will shoot just about anything and last forever. Its worth asking some buckmark owners or looking for some reviews to verify if it's picky about ammo or not. Good luck with the decision!

I've shot both the Buckmark and the Ruger Mark II extensively. While the Ruger can be more complicated to disassemble, once you learn how to do it, it's really not that big of deal. The factor which makes me choose the Buckmark over the Ruger Mark series is I can buy an after market barrel and have it shipped to me door. With the Ruger, the upper (barrel included) is the firearm, so if you ever want to replace or upgrade you've got to go through and FFL and fill out the 4473, just as if you were purchasing another firearm. Would I turn down a killer deal on a Ruger? No, but would I buy one new, probably not, I'd buy the Buckmark.

I've shot both the Buckmark and the Ruger Mark II extensively. While the Ruger can be more complicated to disassemble, once you learn how to do it, it's really not that big of deal. The factor which makes me choose the Buckmark over the Ruger Mark series is I can buy an after market barrel and have it shipped to me door. With the Ruger, the upper (barrel included) is the firearm, so if you ever want to replace or upgrade you've got to go through and FFL and fill out the 4473, just as if you were purchasing another firearm. Would I turn down a killer deal on a Ruger? No, but would I buy one new, probably not, I'd buy the Buckmark.

Best answer so far, because that's what I did. Only I sold my ruger to buy a buckmark and it is as, if not more accurate then the ruger.

The first time you remove the grip panels on your buckmark and loose all the little parts inside, then you'll know you made the wrong choice. The MK II is my choice.

Get the one that has the grip angle and controls closest to the 9mm/40/45 that you shoot. after shooting 5000 rounds of 22lr you will be very good with your real gun when you use it.

Well, that works too. If you want the gun that most closely matches a standard size M&P 9/40/45, then get the M&P 22.

But the OP didn't ask about that, so my advice stands.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top