JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Companies have been jacking Glock ideas for years.
For the record though, Glock borrowed from HK. Plastic pistolas weren't Glock's brainchild. They just addressed a couple things that sucked on a handgun that was produced at least ten years before the first Glock.
Technically all firearms produced today are using someone else's ideas.

BTW, I hate the Shield!! Worst trigger ever and too dang small for a person with man-sized hands. And only 7 rds. Might as well carry a revolver in a better caliber...
Hmmmm....

Shield .45 - 7 rounds of .45 ACP
V.
Taurus 617 - 7 rounds of .357 Magnum

B3E43C20-D63C-486E-9A3A-3B64F13EAFFC.jpeg

Choices, choices, choices....

For the record though, Glock borrowed from HK. Plastic pistolas weren't Glock's brainchild. They just addressed a couple things that sucked on a handgun that was produced at least ten years before the first Glock.

Agreed. But they took, what at the time was a crazy idea, and made something that no other brand up to today could have.

I always found a charm in that rappers sing about glocks, everyone talks about them good or bad, journalists confuse every polymer pistol as a glock and most companies try to emulate glock in terms of striker fires.

Good or bad PR is PR and works in your favor. Really end of the day whatever works for you and fits your budget and performance is what matters.

Chevy ford dodge toyota
Blondes brunettes redheads
Playstation xbox nintendo
Etc

They all do the same thing tbh

My dad still reminds me of the days I hated Glock. Crappy trigger, plastic frame. And laughs that now I own 5 of them. They have come a long way since the Gen 1.

My dad still reminds me of the days I hated Glock. Crappy trigger, plastic frame. And laughs that now I own 5 of them. They have come a long way since the Gen 1.
That they have.

In regards to this thread, I don't much care who does or doesn't like Glocks, or any other anything. (The thread is fine, it's got good folks talking guns).

I like pretty weapons. I like handsome weapons. I like ugly weapons. I like weapons that work when I need them to. I'm really that simple.

For the record, Glock borrowed nothing from the HK VP70 other than it's polymer construction and striker fire concept (which was nothing new) and was preceded by the Remington Nylon 66 as far as polymer construction back in '59.

We are in complete agreement on your last sentence.

For the record, Glock borrowed nothing from the HK VP70 other than it's polymer construction and striker fire concept (which was nothing new) and was preceded by the Remington Nylon 66 as far as polymer construction back in '59.

This!

I can't remember the last time anybody got upset or cared when someone bought a boring Toyota or Honda. Hell I drive a boring Nissan. Own plenty of boring glocks. Nobody ever says a bad thing about them at shooting competitions. Ever.

Plenty of better guns out there I agree. Go buy them.

I still can't figure out why anyone cares what gun some other person buys. It's odd don't you think?

Last Edited:
I can't remember the last time anybody got upset or cared when someone bought a boring Toyota or Honda. Hell I drive a boring Nissan. Own plenty of boring glocks. Nobody ever says a bad thing about them at shooting competitions. Ever.

Plenty of better guns out there I agree. Go buy them.

I still can't figure out why anyone cares what gun some other person buys. It's odd don't you think?

Being incredibly successful always brings out the haters. It's jealousy, nothing more.

I'm not arguing, except that I think we agree on more than the last sentence. If we're saying others are jacking Glock's ideas, then we can say Glock jacked H&K's. And perhaps H&K jacked an idea from Remington's nylon rifle. But they still produced the first polymer, striker fired handgun. And Glock improved on it years later.
But, semantics. I was making a point, which I believe we agree on.

Carry on boys, it's back to the air for me!
:s0106::s0094:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top