JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From another forum but I thought it would be appreciated here as well:

Went I to a pawnshop yesterday just mainly looking but always on the lookout for something that I would like to have. Been looking for a handi rifle in 308 for a while so I always ask if they have one. Well the fella behind the counter says no on the 308 but he did have one in 30'06. Ok, let me see it, BSA 3-9 scope, homemade muzzle brake, 4" from the muzzle five 1/4" holes drilled through the barrel rotate 90 degrees and drill five more! A DIY pink and black camo paint job, yours for $349.00.

I offered $50.00, figured the receiver was worth that much.

hqdefault.jpg

I have been known to peruse the pawn shops, and you will see some "creative Bubba work" that you won't see in the used racks at a gun store.

It always amazes me the price tag they put on some those creations.

I once saw a photos of what looked like an Ishapore SMLE (could tell by the .30 NATO mag.) with the typicalBubba "sporterization" - handguard removed, stock cut down, military sights still there (Bubba must not have had the wherewithal to install sights). I thought "What a clown job. That rifle could have been modified to look like a No.5 MK1 and that could have been kewl."

WELL, turned out it was an experimental counter-sniper rifle, few of which exist. Who'd a thunk?

I posted this long ago but since we are talking Bubba jobs...

Several years ago a neighbor asks if I am interested in an 'Army .45' and I say yes so later that day he comes back and hands me a gun case.

I open it and withdraw the gun, check it, close the action and look it over.

Well I can see the markings and can barely make out 'Mod of 1911 U.S Army' on the slide. I can make out other markings as well but they were faint because some Bubba WET SANDED it to bright steel!!

I explained this tragedy to him and offered him $450 but he declined.

I once saw a photos of what looked like an Ishapore SMLE (could tell by the .30 NATO mag.) with the typicalBubba "sporterization" - handguard removed, stock cut down, military sights still there (Bubba must not have had the wherewithal to install sights). I thought "What a clown job. That rifle could have been modified to look like a No.5 MK1 and that could have been kewl."

WELL, turned out it was an experimental counter-sniper rifle, few of which exist. Who'd a thunk?

I have an Ishapore that was cut down to carbine length and the rear sight base machined flat. Then a Scout Scope rail installed. The upper handguard removed. Not pretty, but functional.

As for the OP - you might have been able to shorten the barrel, removing the bubba'd brake.

The best Bubba I have seen was a 44 mag Ruger Blackhawk that an acquaintance owned, he told me he had "magna ported" it. What he had done, was take an 1/8" drill bit and a hand drill, and drill holes around the barrel from the muzzle back about one inch, maybe 30 + holes. Needless to say I was impressed. (Sarcasm intended)

Another from a several years ago.

I stop in a local PS where I know the owner and he says ' Hey Ed , come back here I want to show you something'

I go to his office and he pulls out a Colt model of 1917 .45 ACP revolver than had the barrel cut to about 3", a front sight crudely welded on and what looked like a home parkerizing job.

He told me he gave some guy $50 for it purely as a joke to show his customers who he knows appreciate 'classic' guns!

I have a little single shot 12g Beretta (Fucile Rinforzato Speciale). I don't think it's of much value, but it's worth even less now. My father wanted it short for his truck gun so took a hack saw to the barrel and commenced to hacking :s0125: .....didn't quite get a straight cut so it looks pretty Bubba. :s0108:

I have a little single shot 12g Beretta (Fucile Rinforzato Speciale). I don't think it's of much value, but it's worth even less now. My father wanted it short for his truck gun so took a hack saw to the barrel and commenced to hacking :s0125: .....didn't quite get a straight cut so it looks pretty Bubba. :s0108:

Angle the muzzle for shooting around corners or getting a good lead on waterfowl (but only in one direction). ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top