Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Brown's camp

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by darkminstrel, Sep 30, 2009.

1. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Went to Brown's on Monday, got there about noon and was nearly alone. Turns out they moved the rocks out of the way! Makes it nice to set up far targets without having to hike back there. I had my bench set up in front of the gravel pile and eventually had to put up the canopy due to the weather. Anyhow, a few shooters turned up to sight in their hunting rifles and they were courteous and curious about my PSL. Friendly bunch of guys all told.

Then comes along some dolt, and yes I hope you're reading this, who decided to park up the hill and fire into the gravel pile. Sure there was that berm, but he was firing down range right at my fraking back, and in the same direction as 5 other people below.

I'm beginning to think that joining a range might be worth it...anyone want to sponsor me for tri-county?

2. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I have had similar run-ins with the local "characters". Had one guy offer me a hit off the weed he was smoking while shooting his SKS. "No thanks, well, gotta go, see ya later".

I joined TCGC years ago, but I couldn't get anyone to sponsor me either... :)

3. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

what happens if someone sponsors you?

4. darkminstrel

I was under the impression you needed a sponsor to join. Or am I mixing this up with a different range?

5. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

No sponsor needed at TCGC as far as I know.

6. SquackDaddy

SquackDaddy Marion County Member

I'm a member at TCGC, and have never heard of someone having to be sponsored. I know you have to be an NRA member to join, and you probably have to be 21, but those are the only requirements I know of. Head on over to TCGC.org and check 'em out. :thumbup:

Here is some info I copied from their website:

New membership applications are accepted on the third Saturday of the month in the main clubhouse at 9 am. The mandatory orientation starts at 11 a.m. This includes a thorough review of the range rules and a visit to each of the ranges. Bring your own lunch, but we do have coffee and pop machines available at the club. Bring your own eye and ear protection. Our contact web page has the address and driving directions.

New members pay a one-time initiation fee of $175. Annual dues are $120. Associate member (spouse) annual dues are $35. Payment may be made with cash, check or money order; no credit cards. Dues are pro-rated, starting in October. Therefore, a new member joining June-September would pay $295 ($175 initiation plus $120 dues). A new member joining October-December pays $265. A new member January-March pays $235, and a new member April-May pays $205. We accept cash, check or money order, but no credit or debit cards.

New members must be National Rifle Association members, or join concurrently.

7. darkminstrel

I'm just reading that now. I recall that about two years ago I was looking at ranges to join. I don't know why I have it in my head that TC needed to sponsor to join...