JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ryan Horn 29 from Hillsboro has been missing since Thursday aug29.
He went shooting out hwy26 and his phone last pinged on Lodge rd near Banks. A search party is underway in Browns camp but he may be in the buxton/vernonia area. He is driving a maroon ford ranger 4x4 with grey trim around the wheel wells. He is bipolar and off his meds so they need to find him. He has a handgun and was thought to be out shooting it.

I don't know much about bipolar disorder, but isn't it where you have massive uncontrollable mood swings and severe depression? If so, what the hell is he doing with guns?
Exactly my thoughts. At least local media does not seem to have caught on on this fact and having a field day with it. Which begs the question for the OP, how do you know he is out with guns?

Exactly my thoughts. At least local media does not seem to have caught on on this fact and having a field day with it. Which begs the question for the OP, how do you know he is out with guns?

The media already reported that. Kptv12. Even if a guy has a mental illness does he not have the right to protect himself and his family?
He obviously has not hurt anyone with it..
The point is someones son, dad, brother, friend is missing. What if it were you? Would you want someone to help find you?

Even if a guy has a mental illness does he not have the right to protect himself and his family?
He obviously has not hurt anyone with it..

No.

If you have a mental disorder that can lead to a violent or psychotic episodes, you have no business possessing a firearm. Some one else will need to do the protecting. When you can prove you are capable of being safe you can resume firearm ownership.

James Eagan Holmes is a prime example of someone who should had their rights temporarily suspended based on solid reasoning.

I work with mentally ill people were bipolarism is quite common and most of them shouldn't have access to firearms PERIOD

No.

If you have a mental disorder that can lead to a violent or psychotic episodes, you have no business possessing a firearm. Some one else will need to do the protecting. When you can prove you are capable of being safe you can resume firearm ownership.

James Eagan Holmes is a prime example of someone who should had their rights temporarily suspended based on solid reasoning.

I work with mentally ill people were bipolarism is quite common and most of them shouldn't have access to firearms PERIOD

Being gay is a mental illness, can we take the guns from the gays too? How about acholics that is a mental disorder? See my point? At what mental illness do we draw the line? Is james holmes the icon for all mentally ill now? You sound like an anti gun liberal now.

My fears for this guy is that he drove off an embankment looking for a place to shoot targets. That would suck to be trapped in your truck upside down with no food or water while people who could find you debated rather or not you should have gun rights or not.

Being gay is a mental illness, can we take the guns from the gays too? How about acholics that is a mental disorder? See my point? At what mental illness do we draw the line? Is james holmes the icon for all mentally ill now? You sound like an anti gun liberal now.

Let me guess, you have no problem giving felons convicted of murder guns, because hey it is their right, right? They were so responsible the first time.

According to your view of mental illness we should give manic depressive people who have threatened to kill people guns, because it's their right, what could possibly go wrong! Judging by your previous response you probably think all previous mass shootings were stage by the government to push the liberal agenda.

Newsflash, the second amendment isn't unconditional. Never was, never will be.

Let me guess, you have no problem giving felons convicted of murder guns, because hey it is their right, right? They were so responsible the first time.

According to your view of mental illness we should give manic depressive people who have threatened to kill people guns, because it's their right, what could possibly go wrong! Just by previous response you penalty think all the previous mad shootings were stage by the government to push the liberal agenda.

Newsflash, the second amendment isn't unconditional. Never was, never will be.

Again this post is to bring a father home to his little kids, not about your political views. But really? A felon compares to a man who has a chemical imbalance? Are you that shallow? Really???

Anyway.... who says this guy was a danger to anyone? Likewise, who says his guns weren't confiscated from him? Likewise, who says anyone knew he had them and knew that he was bipolar? Likewise, what's anyone going to do about it? Call the police and say "my brother just got diagnosed with bi-polar disorder, and he has some gunz. Will you guys come take them away from him? Thanx." I'm sure they'll get right on that.

Being gay is a mental illness

Is this a plea for help?

2ezmfy8.jpg

Anyway.... who says this guy was a danger to anyone? Likewise, who says his guns weren't confiscated from him? Likewise, who says anyone knew he had them and knew that he was bipolar? Likewise, what's anyone going to do about it? Call the police and say "my brother just got diagnosed with bi-polar disorder, and he has some gunz. Will you guys come take them away from him? Thanx." I'm sure they'll get right on that.

"Horn suffers from bipolar disorder and was recently depressed over a series of life situations. He was under a doctor’s care for his medical condition, but is believed to have been under the influence of alcohol and prescription pills at the time of his departure. Horn did not take identification with him and it is believed that he took a firearm."

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads