JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$550
Manufacturer
Browning
Caliber
308 Winchester
City
Seattle
State
Washington
Zip Code
I am selling my Browning X-Bolt Stalker in .308 Win that is in excellent condition. The rifle was fired fewer than 100 rounds and it looks excellent and shoots great. I recently had this rifle repaired by a master gunsmith (well known to this community) for two damaged base scope mounts. The screws at the base were over-torqued and two of the holes in the receiver had damaged treads. The gunsmith fixed the issue and he installed Talley's scope rings (30mm) that will be included with the rifle. I am asking $550 cash, which is a great deal considering that a new one sells for about $1,100 (plus taxes).

Why am I selling this rifle? For the last few months I got into rifle shopping spree and purchased 7 different bolt action rifles. While I was waiting for this Stalker rifle to get fixed, I purchased brand new X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Speed in the same .308 Win calibre and yesterday evening I purchased a brand new Tikka T3X Super-Lite (Camo stock) in .300 Win Mag. Thus, I have now too many rifles and since I already have two X-Bolts in .308 Win, I am selling the Stalker to get some money for ammo (I spend about 100 rounds every week and that is not cheap). I am asking for the Stalker $550 cash in person in Seattle area. We can meet at your preferred FFL dealer for your background check. You will pay for the background check. I apologize, but I am NOT willing to do any shipping. I prefer a local transaction (within 30 miles from Seattle) at a FFL dealer of your choice. I have never sold any firearms (so far I have been just buying them) and this is my first time selling a gun.

Here is a picture of the rifle, but I could take better pictures upon request. The Talley's rings are not shown in the picture (they are included) as this one was taken before giving the rifle to the gunsmith for the repair. I could take better pictures when I get home from work this evening.

Cheers,

Dan

X-Bolt#2.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
By the way, I shoot every weekend at the Issaquah Sportsmen Club and you are welcome to "test-drive" the rifle. I could provide few rounds of match-grade Federal Sierra ammo for it. I would also consider a trade (or partial trade plus cash) for factory loaded .300 Win Mag, .308 Win and/or 357 Mag/38 Special ammo (only high factory ammo). I could also be interested in photography equipment for trade. I am not interested in any handguns or rifles anymore as I got too many of them at the moment and I need to trim it down.

Mostly vintage film cameras, but a good cameras and lenses (Leica, Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Hasselblad, etc). Of course if the value of the camera equipment is more than $550, I would add cash. I collect photography gear and old toy trains and cars.

great deal right here. this is a stainless xbolt for blued pricing. these things handle wonderfully.
It is a great rifle in a great shape, but I got 2 Brownings X-Bolts (Stalker and Hell's Canyon Speed) both in 0.308 Win, so I am keeping the Hell's Canyon since it does looks "sexier". They are essentially same rifles and shoot the same. Hell's Canyon has a factory muzzle-brake, but .308 Win does not generates much recoil anyway and I am mostly using Hell's Canyon without muzzle-brake since it is too noisy when shooting with muzzle-brake and I lost 2/3rd of my hearing in my left ear, so I need to keep as low noise as possible. Unlike most other sellers, I also offer "test-drive" at my range if anyone is very interested and I will provide up to 20 rounds of Federal Sierra match-grade ammo (can't get any better that this). However, backagound check at a FFL dealer is MUST and I won't give my rifle to anyone before the person passes a background check. I will accept cash and give the rifle only after background check is PASSED. If background check is delayed (most of the times I get delayed because I am not a citizen, but legal permanent resident), I will hold the rifle. I am not in a hurry for money.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top