JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I spoke to soon. Its at best Deer rifle accuracy at best. I shouldn't of judged a book by it's cover,meaning it looked great . But no accuracy guarantee. I thinking I discovered the #2 problem on average accuracy even after new bedding job. The detachable magazine . When action screws are tight the magazine won't lock in ,just falls out,BUT WHEN THEIR LOSE IT STAYS IN . Anyhow the rifle is history I traded it in ( for a Loss) on a Bergara Premier RidgeBack and it is an entirely animal .

You do know the factory triggers are adjustable? I was able able to adjust mine down to just under 3#'s on my xbolt and it is a very clean break. Mine probably could use some bedding work but I have shot a couple 3 shot groups just over an inch at 300yds. Also shot a deer this fall a touch over 500yds so it is probably not worth messing with. I have never had any issues with the detachable mag and in my experience, Browning builds a pretty decent bolt gun. It is a bummer your experience was not better but I am sure a few slip through the cracks now and then. I also have had good luck with a Kimber rifle so maybe I am doubly blessed :cool:.

Last Edited:
Sorry to hear of the troubles. Definately something going on with that rifle. My X bolt HC Speed .300wm shot better groups than 5"@100yd with the junk Athlon scope loosing zero with every shot, and that's a lot light barrel I believe. Once I got a good scope on it it is easily 1.5 moa. I'm still developing the loads for it so it will improve. I did have to clean up my magazine a bit. Factory left plastic from the casting process was causing longer cartridges to hang up. Now it will feed. Let anything set to .010" off the lands except HELDX bullets but I found they'd don't group well anyway no matter where they seat.

I am adding a comment so I can follow this thread. I will be interested in the final outcome. We have an X-Bolt that shoots sub-moa....out of the box. With home loads. I love the trigger and the recoil pad. And we love tasty deer/elk meat.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top