JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not a huge locktite fan and rarely find the need for it when quality rings and bases are used and rings checked /lapped for the best alignment/contact surface. I have used blue on bases where the fasteners are hard to get at to recheck tightness. Chances are someone not knowing what they were doing mounted your scope. If it had been done correctly the scope would have not come loose on the rifles first outing with or without loctite.

Someone above mentioned that my bore issue might not be rust, but a copper line. It looks the person was correct. After the rifle lost its "virginity" yesterday and after nice bore brush-cleaning afterwards, those rust-like lines are gone. I am so happy about it. Now I need to properly install the scope. I just ordered a little torque screwdriver and blue loctite. I got 2in little level and I got a rifle stand. I did some more research online and it does seem that more people are in favor of loctite than against it.

My rifle has genuine Browning 30mm Scope Rings (7000 series specifically to fit X-Bolt). Do you have any idea what torque specs should be for them? The scope is Vortex Viper HS-T. I contacted Browning, but I haven't heard from them yet.

Thank You Very Much!

I have a Browning BLR stainless. First the alloy receiver heavily stains from carrying the rifle. Couldn't get a response from Browning. Now my bolt (if that's what you call it on a lever gun) has some serious rust on it after being oiled and put away. Love the rifle hate the quality. My Tika kept in the same safe is spotless. I will never buy another Browning.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top